Master of Global Business Administration (GBA)
Preparing tomorrow's global leaders
The Master of Global Business Administration (GBA) is an online degree program that is in keeping with Fletcher's commitment to innovation in education. The GBA educates leaders prepared to shape the future by delivering an international business education that fully incorporates international contextual issues.
The GBA combines in-depth, graduate-level study in both business and international affairs, delivered through recorded and live online sessions in addition to two in-person immersion experiences. The GBA gives students the flexibility to earn a degree in international business at their own pace and from anywhere in the world.
A contextual approach to international business
The GBA program goes beyond a global MBA. For international business professionals, understanding legal, social, political, and economic factors from a global perspective is a critical counterpart to traditional business foundations in finance, strategy, and marketing.
The GBA educates experienced professionals who recognize that succeeding in international business careers requires contextual knowledge. The program is also designed to educate those who wish to apply business principles to public and social sector work in fields such as social enterprise, impact investing, NGO management, and development banking.
The GBA is offered part time (24 months) and full time (16 months). You will begin your GBA education with two business core courses—Corporate Finance in Global Capital Markets, and International Strategy and Innovation—and then complete elective courses in these areas:
- Business Foundations
- Global Context
- International Law
- Analytical Tools
The GBA program includes two in-person immersions: one on Tufts University's Boston-area campus and the other in a select international location. The immersions give you the opportunity to manage hands-on projects, witness the complexities of international business, and build connections with the Fletcher network.
The GBA prepares you to build the global context you need to adapt your career to international markets.
How to apply
At Fletcher, we review applications holistically, considering your academic credentials, professional experience, international exposure, and career goals as a complete package. Our students benefit from sharing their diverse perspectives and real-world knowledge, so we seek applicants with full-time, professional work experience.
GRE/GMAT scores are not required. Review admissions requirements.
Fletcher supports your global business career
Fletcher graduates have been key players in international affairs and business around the world for more than 85 years. From the moment you enroll in the GBA program, you gain access to resources that can be leveraged to help achieve a wide range of professional goals.
- Fletcher CORE: Fletcher's proprietary career site allow you to apply for jobs, build a network of professional connections, get notified when relevant jobs are posted, and access tools that support your ongoing career goals.
- A powerful alumni network: Fletcher is known for its loyal alumni family, which is spread across more than 135 countries. Our diverse network of accomplished alumni includes CEOs, ambassadors, heads of state, award-winning journalists, political and military leaders, investors, and successful entrepreneurs.
- Institute for Business in the Global Context (IBGC): The IBGC provides opportunities to engage in meaningful dialogue and produces cutting-edge research on the interrelationships among businesses and geopolitical, legal, humanitarian, and environmental factors.
The online master's student experience
As a student, you will:
- Attend live online classes and engage in rich discussion with your professors and classmates in real time.
- Complete multimedia course work that you can access and submit anytime from any device, no matter where you are in the world.
- Receive career coaching and education to support your networking and career growth efforts.