- For Employers
Fields of study
- Human Security and Humanitarian Affairs
- Technology and International Affairs
My path to Fletcher
As a first-generation college student, I was eager to further my education through a graduate program. After undergrad at Arizona State University, I interned in various public services roles and embarked on a year abroad to teach with the Fulbright program. During this time, I was so fortunate to have received the Rangel Foreign Affairs Graduate Fellowship, which made my dream of attending a graduate program attainable before I begin a career as a diplomat in the US Foreign Service.
On campus life
The number of activities on campus allows me to constantly learn and meet new people. I have really enjoyed attending book talks by faculty and meeting experts in the field of tech or security with the Women in Tech and Eurasia clubs. Fletcher also encourages us to take a break from studying through events such as Culture Night, where students share music, dancing, and food from their respective cultures, or Coffee Hour & Cookies every Thursday at the Hall of Flags.
As a US Department of State Rangel Fellow, I am actively preparing for a career in the US Foreign Service. I am eager to apply my academic and professional experience at Fletcher to promote policy that will advance US interests as well as create positive change within the communities I serve. Studying Human Security and Humanitarian Assistance, I will develop knowledge and resources necessary to advancing policy solutions towards justice issues I care about: women’s and minority rights, education, environmental justice, and animal welfare at home and abroad.
Activities at Fletcher
- Eurasia Club
Education before Fletcher
- Bachelor of Arts, Global Studies, Spanish Linguistics, Barrett, The Honors College at Arizona State University
- Certificate in International Relations, Universtat Autònoma de Barcelona
Experience before Fletcher:
- Public Affairs Fellow, US Embassy, Skopje, Macedonia
- Fulbright English Teaching Assistant, Tetovo, Macedonia
- Congressional Fellow, US House of Representatives, Washington, D.C.
- Assistant to the President/CEO, Phoenix Sister Cities, Phoenix, AZ