- For Employers
On the LLM
Fletcher's LLM program is unique compared to the other LLM programs in the US that I was admitted to. The law faculty are personally engaged in helping students thrive by being generous with insight, advice, and contacts. The curricular flexibility allows students to choose courses from other disciplines and can thus be used to pivot one's career in a new direction. The small cohort size instantly provides the students with a community and network that will not only bring insight and joy to the time at Fletcher but be invaluable years after graduation.
The flexibility of Fletcher's curriculum offers both the breadth and depth that I was looking for going to graduate school. Within the first semester, I’ve already deepened my knowledge of public international law and international human rights law, added a transatlantic dimension to my profile, and learned about leadership and organization management. In my second semester, I will continue to study public international law, expand my geographical focus on Asia, delve into US foreign policy, and acquire skills in negotiations and mediation.
On the alumni network
Professors will regularly refer to or invite back Fletcher alumni to contribute to their courses. Apart from providing an inspiration for the professional possibilities after graduation, the alumni generously share their expertise with current students.
Education before Fletcher
- Master of Laws in International Law, Uppsala University
Experience before Fletcher
- Political Officer, Delegation of the European Union to Cambodia, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Desk Officer for Kosovo, Bulgaria, and Romania, Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Sweden, Stockholm, Sweden
- Second Secretary in the Political Section, Embassy of Sweden, New Delhi, India
- Desk Officer for Bangladesh, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka, Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Sweden, Stockholm, Sweden