- For Employers
Marshall Islands and USA
On the GBA
I've worked in policy throughout my career and have always avoided anything quantitative-related because I didn't have confidence in that skillset. I decided that I needed to face that hurdle and that an MBA would be a good way to do so. When I learned that Fletcher had a global MBA, I thought that better suited the nature of my work. I'm not necessarily looking to go into business but want to understand how international business connects to global politics and economics. The GBA has the right mix of classes to give me that well-rounded overview that I was looking for.
On career services
The access that I've had to career services and leadership development has been invaluable. I've taken advantage of the services to develop my resume and put together an application package for a new job. I also leveraged the professional development resources available to me in the Leadership Development Program to help me prepare for the interview. The support and services couldn't have come at a better time for me in my efforts to advance my career.
I work in international fisheries management and engage with people from more than 20 different countries on a semi-regular basis. The business skills I've gained through the GBA have given me so much insight and understanding into the way countries interact. When I think of policy challenges between countries, I will now also consider what related business elements are present in the relationship that might be influencing interactions. My goal as a global fisheries governance leader is to ensure that all stakeholder interests are incorporated in multilateral decisions. Having an international business background to supplement my international relations training will be a huge asset as I support cross-cultural, multilateral agreement.
Education before Fletcher:
- Master of Arts, International Policy, Stanford University
- Post-Graduate Diploma, Diplomatic Studies, University of Oxford
- Bachelor of Arts, Politics, University of California at Santa Cruz
Experience before Fletcher:
- Lead, Development of Western and Central Pacific Fisheries Commission Audit Points for the Compliance Monitoring Scheme, Pohnpei, FSM
- Honorary Consul of the Marshall Islands to the Federated States of Micronesia, Pohnpei, FSM
- Independent Chair, Parties to the Nauru Agreement (PNA), Compliance Subcommittee, Majuro, Marshall Islands
- Chair, Marshall Islands National Nuclear Commission, Majuro, Marshall Islands
- Chair, Western and Central Pacific Fisheries Commission, Pohnpei, FSM
- Chair, Western and Central Pacific Fisheries Commission, Technical and Compliance Committee, Pohnpei, FSM
- Fisheries Adviser, Congress of the Federated States of Micronesia, Pohnpei, FSM
- Chief of Compliance, FSM National Oceanic Resource Management Authority, Pohnpei, FSM
- International Fisheries Policy Analyst, US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Honolulu, Hawai