- For Employers
Fields of Study
- Human Security
- International Information and Communication
Building professional experience
I chose Fletcher because of the professional experience that is part of the degree. My work experience has mostly been academic and based in Singapore, and I wanted to expand my horizons. Additionally, I have always wanted to study in America. The caliber of the professors at Fletcher and their combined academic experience was also a selling point. There are certain universities that are only interested in their reputation and chasing KPIs – Fletcher is not one of those places.
Why the MALD?
I chose the MALD program because of my background, and interest, in studying international relations. I appreciate the skills that are taught in classes such as Processes of International Negotiations and Analytical Frameworks.
On getting the local perspective
I find the Fletcher community to be very welcoming and unpretentious. As a result, I feel comfortable striking up a conversation with any of my classmates and peers. It is also very interesting to get a local perspective on international affairs from the students who have lived across the world. Plus, there are a plethora of social events during the school year to help engrain a sense of community. Living in Blakeley Hall, I feel close to the Fletcher community.
Activities involved in at Fletcher
- Decolonizing International Relations
Education before Fletcher
- Bachelor of Arts, International Relations, University of British Columbia
Experience before Fletcher
- Research Assistant, Asia Competitiveness Institute, Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Administrative Support Assistant, Singapore Armed Forces, Singapore
- Research Intern, Singapore Institute of International Affairs, Singapore
Conversational Mandarin, Basic French, English