Map Your Future Pathway for College Seniors and Recent Grads
Because MYF is designed for college seniors or those who have recently graduated, we offer two deadlines: one in December and another in June, enabling students to apply during their senior year, or within six months of their graduation. Admission to the Map Your Future Program is not binding for applicants, however there is a non-refundable $500 deposit required to hold your place in the future class.
Apply by December 20: Notification by February 1; Enrollment decision and deposit due by May 1.
Apply by June 20: Notification by July 15; Enrollment decision and deposit due by August 15.
- Application for Admission
- Official Transcripts
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Essay 1: Please tell us your goals for graduate study at Fletcher and for your career. Describe elements of your personal, professional, and/or academic background that have prepared you for your chosen career path. Why is The Fletcher School the right place for you to pursue your academic objectives and to prepare you to meet your professional goals? Why have you selected the degree program to which you are applying?
- Essay 2: To help the Committee on Admissions get to know you better, please share an anecdote, or details about an experience or personal interest, that you have not elaborated on elsewhere in the application.
- Essay 3: What professional opportunities do you plan or hope to pursue during the next two years? What do you hope to learn and what skills do you hope to cultivate?
- Official GRE or GMAT scores
- Official TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE scores. (Required for international students whose native language is not English and who have not earned a university degree where English was the primary language of instruction.)
- Evaluative Interview (Optional)
An evaluative interview is a valuable way for you to share information about yourself and to learn how The Fletcher School will meet your academic and professional goals. We offer both in-person interviews as well as a limited schedule of Skype interviews. The interview is strongly recommended, but is not a required part of the admissions process. Please see our interview schedule.
If you would like to interview during a time that is not offered on the schedule, please email email@example.com for availability. Be sure to mention that you are applying via the Map Your Future pathway.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. To be considered, email firstname.lastname@example.org with a detailed request. You will be required to submit additional application materials, and will be notified of next steps after your initial request for consideration.
You may apply (not through Map Your Future) to one of Fletcher's degree programs in a future year using our reapplication procedures. You are not disadvantaged in your future application as a result of being denied admission to the Map Your Future Program.
Yes, Fletcher admits a small number of highly qualified candidates directly from undergraduate studies. However, work experience is an important part of the Fletcher student profile, and we encourage students still in college to consider applying to MYF instead.
Not until you have officially matriculated at Fletcher will you have access to these resources. However, Map Your Future students will have the opportunity to attend Fletcher events and network with other Map Your Future students during this time.
Yes, but the program still requires you to complete two years of professional experience prior to enrollment at Fletcher, and an MYF student cannot be enrolled as a full-time student at another institution during those two years. Should your dual degree require you to begin your studies at the other institution, you should request a deferral from Fletcher. Upon approval of your written request, a non-refundable deferral deposit is required, which will be applied to your first semester tuition bill.
Yes, we will consider requests to extend your work for an additional year. Should you seek a work extension, you must submit a written request to email@example.com.