Master in Global Affairs
Build purposeful skills and expertise to propel you on the fast track into an impactful global career.
- Degree Earned: MGA
- Program Length: 16-Months
- Full-time or Part-time options
- Trimester schedule
- Residential with summer hybrid option
Why Earn a Master in Global Affairs
Fletcher’s Master in Global Affairs will provide you with a focused, yet interdisciplinary education in international relations. This degree is ideal for students who are interested in taking a deep dive into a single field of study and immediately pursue a career path in that area. You will build transferable knowledge and valuable experience in skills courses, the practicum, and internship opportunities.
Why Earn Your Master in Global Affairs at Fletcher
- Complete your degree in an accelerated time frame and return to the workforce in 16 months, ready to pursue your professional goals.
- Benefit from Fletcher’s outstanding reputation for interdisciplinary global education, which allows you to master your field of study, as well as comprehend the fields and factors that influence it.
- Gain practical experience and knowledge through the practicum course, engaging with faculty and external experts on real-world issues.
Degree Requirements and Curriculum
The MGA is comprised of 14 courses (42 course credits).
- 1 course in International Law and Organization
- 1 courses in Diplomacy, History and Politics
- 1.5-2 courses in Economic and International Business (note that these courses can be used to satisfy the Field of Study requirement)
- 0.5-1 course in Quantitative Reasoning
Learn more about Fletcher course options and our three divisional classifications. Review the full degree requirements.
Choose 2 skills courses.
- Analytic Frameworks for Public Policy
- Arts of Communication
- Geographic Information Systems for International Applications
- Economic Impact Evaluation for Development
- Processes of International Negotiation
Choose 5-6 courses (required), of which 1 must be a practicum course.
Fields of Study are the basic building blocks of the Fletcher curriculum and enable students to develop a specific set of skills related to a functional topic or geographic area.
The required practicum course is directly related to your chosen field of study. You will work with a faculty member, as well as external experts, who will guide and assess your work. Moreover it will provide a real world project for you to add to your experience and resume.
Internship opportunities will be available and can be completed for credit, equivalent to one course. Fletcher staff be available to help match you with an internship related to your field of study.
This program provides guidance on all aspects of career development, including building a strategic résumé, strengthening your cover letter, perfecting your interview skills, and more.
Financing Your Education
With only a 16 month commitment, the MGA is a more affordable investment in your career growth. In addition, we offer a range of financial aid options including scholarship aid, work-study and on-campus employment, federally guaranteed loans, and private educational financing. Learn more