On choosing Fletcher
My professional aspirations lay both in public service and private enterprise. I believe strongly in my commitment to service in a multilateral way, and was seeking a way to develop my collaborative and problem solving skills to help me achieve my goals. Knowing this, it was important for my education to provide experience interacting, learning from, and working with diverse people from around the world. There was no school better suited for me to gain this experience than Fletcher, given its globally diverse faculty and student populations.
On the MIB
I choose the MIB program because it provides the same core training you would find in a traditional MBA program, taught by globally renowned faculty members. I found this to be crucial for developing my hard business skills. But, in looking to the experience of my past mentors I concluded that a traditional MBA would be inadequate for my career goals. I needed a program that would also help me understand different regions of the world and their relationships, and how those relationships shape markets. The MIB meets this need with its pedagogical emphasis on both business and international relations.
Fields of study
- International Finance & Banking
- International Monetary Theory & Policy
Activities involved in at Fletcher
- CFA Challenge (application pending)
- Fletcher Political Risk Group
Education before Fletcher
- BA, Liberal Studies, Georgetown University
Experience before Fletcher
- Analyst, Pivoton Capital, Stamford, CT, USA
- National Security Intern, White House, Office of the Vice President, NatSec Affairs, Washington, DC, USA
- Enlisted Staff Officer, Pentagon, Headquarters Marine Corps, Arlington, VA, USA