- Diplôme, de l'ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales
- B.A., Université Saint-Joseph
- M.A., Political Science, University of California, Berkeley
- Ph.D., Political Science, University of California, Berkeley
Ibrahim Warde is adjunct professor of international business. He is Carnegie scholar working on informal and underground finance in the Islamic world. His books include "The Price of Fear: The Truth Behind the Financial War on Terror," which has been translated into French, Italian, Japanese, and Czech, and was selected by Foreign Affairs as one of the best books of the year about economic, social, and environmental issues, and "Islamic Finance in the Global Economy," now in its second edition. He has previously taught at the University of California, Berkeley, at MIT’s Sloan School of Management, and at other universities in the United States and abroad. He is also a writer for Le Monde Diplomatique and a consultant.
He holds a B.A. from Université Saint Joseph in Beirut, Lebanon, an MBA. from France’s Ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales, and an M.A. and a Ph.D. in Political Science from the University of California, Berkeley.
- Course Director, Euromoney Institutional Investor (2000-present)
- Previously taught at many institutions, including University of California, Berkeley, University of California, Davis
- Saint Mary's College of California; Ecole Superieure de Commerce, Rennes, France; and Euromoney Institutional Investor, PLC
- Consultant to IBPC (1977-1999)
- Research Affiliate, Center for International Studies, MIT (2002-present)
- Research Affiliate, Center for Middle Eastern Studies, Harvard University (2001-2002)
- The Fares Center of Eastern Mediterranean Studies
- Islamic Banking and Finance
- International Political Economy
"Iraq: The Failed Gold Rush," Le Monde Diplomatique (2004);
"Islamic Finance: A Quarter-Century Assessment," Proceedings of the Fourth Harvard University Forum on Islamic Finance (2001);
"The Revitalization of Islamic Profit-and-Loss Sharing: Lessons from Western Venture Capital," Proceedings of the Third Harvard University Forum on Islamic Finance (2000).
"Islam and Economics," Edinburgh University Press, 2011.
"The Price of Fear: The Truth behind the Financial War on Terror," University of California Press, 2007.
"Islamic Finance in the Global Economy," Edinburgh University Press, 2000.
Warde, Ibrahim A. "Global Politics, Islamic Finance and Islamist Politics-Before and After September 11, 2001." In The Politics of Islamic Finance, eds. Clement Henry and Rodney Wilson, Edinburgh University Press, 2004.
Warde, Ibrahim A. "Can congress defy Bush?" Middle East Online, 14 March 2007.
Warde, Ibrahim A. "High Price of the Cheap Dollar." Le Monde Diplomatique, March 2005.