Why I chose the MIB
I chose Fletcher's MIB program because it was the MBA curriculum I was looking for combined with the powerhouse faculty and resources to tailor my business education for an international organization. This degree prepares me with the strategic and financial acumen to both manage and innovate within an organization dedicated to humanitarian solutions and the dignity of all people. Additionally, Fletcher's wide curriculum and research opportunities allow me to complement my business courses with my interest in how religion influences global operations.
Career support at Fletcher
One of Fletcher's strengths is the Office of Career Services (OCS). The OCS staff made clear from Day 1 that their resources are available to assist every student (and alum) in reaching their career goals. In addition to their first semester "Professional Development Program," OCS holds workshops throughout the year, meets with students to advise on career strategies, and builds strong relationships with companies and organizations relevant to Fletcher grads.
How I learned about Fletcher
I took my first economics course when I was a junior in college and, upon completion, immediately changed my concentration to economics. Economics gave me a tangible framework about choice and prediction. When considering graduate programs, I asked the professor who taught that first course for a recommendation. With humor, she said yes on the condition that I also apply to Fletcher because of its applied economics faculty. A roundabout way to be introduced to Fletcher, but indicative of the quality of practitioners and faculty you'll be taught by at Fletcher.
Activities involved in at Fletcher
- Humanitarian Action Society
- Religion, Law & Diplomacy
- Middle East Negotiation Project
Education before Fletcher
- Bachelor of Arts, (Major) International Studies - Economics (Minor) Catholic Studies & Business, University of Saint Thomas
Experience before Fletcher
- Operations & Data Administrator, American Refugee Committee, Global HQ in Minneapolis, MN USA
- Refugee Resettlement Pre-Screen & Adjudications Caseworker, CWS-RSC Africa, Nairobi, Kenya
- Intern Adviser, Permanent Observer Mission of the Holy See to the United Nations, New York, NY USA