Christopher R. Tunnard
- Ph.D., The Fletcher School
- MALD, The Fletcher School
- M.A., The Fletcher School
- A.B., Harvard University
Christopher (Rusty) Tunnard, professor of practice of international business, is the former Hitachi Fellow for Technology and International Affairs at The Fletcher School of Tufts University and a senior fellow in the Center for Emerging Markets. He is also an independent management consultant and a visiting professor at HHL-the Leipzig Graduate School of Management. He has spent more than thirty years in international business and management consulting, and he is a recognized expert on innovation and technology-led change in the international communications, travel, and financial service industries. He has successfully led board-level strategy assignments for some of the world's most respected companies and for many government ministries in Europe, Asia, Africa, and the United States.
Professor Tunnard's dissertation focused on the use of technology in the formation of resistance networks in Serbia in the 1990s. As part of his doctoral research on communications technology and new media, he joined the growing group of practitioners that studies all kinds of networks and their impact on public and private organizations. Currently, he is examining the roles that social networks and social media can play in building up institutions and civil society in countries where they have been used effectively in bringing down long-time democratic dictatorships.
Tunnard holds M.A., MALD, and Ph.D. degrees from Fletcher, and he received his A.B. from Harvard.
- Professor of Management and Technology at the Hult (Formerly Arthur D. Little) International Business School
- Visiting Professor at the Handelshochschule, Leipzig University
- Independent Management Consultant (current)
- Principal, Arthur D. Little Inc. (1990-2001)
- President, The Tunnard Group, Inc. (1988-1990)
- Director of Strategic Planning, American Express TRS Co (1985-1988)
- Affiliated Fellow, The Center for Digital Government, JFK School, Harvard University
- Internet and related technologies and their effects on community development, institutions and governments
Tunnard, Christopher R. "From State-Controlled Media to the 'Anarchy' of the Internet: The Changing Influence of Communications and Information in Serbia in the 1990s." Southeast European and Black Sea Studies 3, no. 2 (2003):
The Role of Technology in the Development of a Modern Serbian State. Cambridge: Kokkalis Program, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University (2003).