As an environmental sustainability expert, Chelsey contributes to the company's annual CDP and corporate responsibility reports, manages CSR programs, and represents the company to external stakeholders.
On the Fletcher Network
The Fletcher alumni network has been extremely valuable to me. Not only have I spoken with alumni in relevant positions, but also with classmates' parents, incoming students' coworkers, and Fletcher administrators' college friends. Fletcher connections helped me get an internship at one company, and interviews at several others. If you can manage the relationships professionally and maturely, the network is wide open and full of smart, talented people.
What I learned at Fletcher
One of the best things I learned at Fletcher was how much I don't know. Being exposed to many disciplines, and to classmates who are experts in their fields, made me better at knowing when to ask for help. Because I have friends with deep knowledge in renewable energy, finance, and impact evaluation, for example, I can easily admit that those are not my areas of expertise, and ask better questions to find any answers I may need.
Environmental Sustainability in Retail Apparel: A Comparative Study of Competitor Practices and Best Practices for a National Retailer
Activities involved in at Fletcher
- Net Impact
- International Business Club
- Fletcher Social Investment Fund
Education before Fletcher
- Bachelor of Arts, Communication, Pittsburg State University
Experience before Fletcher
- Reputation Management and Crisis Communication Contractor, Target Corp., Minneapolis, MN
- Corporate Relations Manager, Easter Seals, Inc., Chicago, IL
- Public Relations and Outreach Coordinator, Union Station Kansas City, Kansas City, MO