- For Employers
On a global reach
The Fletcher School and the College of Europe are both premier institutions. As a MATA student, I spent the first year of the program at the College of Europe, in Bruges, where the academic focus is mostly on EU affairs. This enriched my understanding of EU institutions and decision-making, and I am excited to benefit from a US-centric approach in my classes at Fletcher. For example, the course on Energy, Entrepreneurship and Finance looks at the challenges, and opportunities, of the energy transition in the US, particularly in New England and California. Another outstanding feature of the MATA program is the transatlantic internship, which allows us to add a hands-on element to the theoretical coursework, and potentially transition directly into a career.
On collaborative learning
Classes at Fletcher are very discussion-intensive. This has been quite a change from the European system, where there is a more direct, lecture-based approach to teaching. The classroom participation has forced me to step out of my comfort zone, become quickly familiar with subjects and taking an active approach to learning. The most challenging course I am taking this semester is Petroleum in the Global Economy, which requires knowledge of financial concepts and business modeling that I had not been exposed to prior. It has been both stimulating and demanding to dig into the specifics of the petroleum industry. Taking this course has motivated me to learn essential quantitative skills, while relying on my strengths when working in groups or completing individual assignments.
Activities involved in at Fletcher
- Fletcher Energy and Environment Club
- Working as Eco Rep for the Tufts Office of Sustainability
Education before Fletcher
- Bachelor of Arts Political Science, LUISS "Guido Carli" University, Rome, Italy
- Master of Arts International Relations, LUISS "Guido Carli" University, Rome, Italy
Experience before Fletcher
- Teaching Assistant, Department of French and Italian, Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH, USA
- Diplomatic Assistant Intern, Embassy of Italy, Yangon, Myanmar
- European and Transatlantic Affairs Intern, Institute of International Affairs, Rome, Italy
Italian, French, Spanish, English