On the MYF Pathway
I applied to Fletcher through the Map Your Future (MYF) program. This program really appealed to me because through it, I was accepted to Fletcher as a senior during undergrad and then worked for two years before starting the MALD program. I loved the flexibility of this program because I didn't have to worry about finding recommendations or taking the GRE while I was living and working abroad. I am originally from the DC area and Fletcher offers a great alternative to that environment, because everyone is a student first – not studying part-time while they work and going back to their own friend network. At Fletcher, everyone is immersed not only in studying but also in extracurricular activities. This creates a very intense but balanced atmosphere that is hard to find at another school.
On Career Services
In just my first few weeks at Fletcher I was already amazed by the amount of workshops and lunch meetings with alums, companies, and potential internships. The Professional Development Program has been extremely helpful, even at 9am on a Friday! I feel more confident than ever about my networking skills at future career trips and specifically how to market my specific skills and my Fletcher degree.
Activities involved in at Fletcher
- Tufts University - Refugee Assistance Program
- Admissions Ambassador
- Africana Club
Education before Fletcher
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science and French - Villanova University
Experience before Fletcher
- Economic Intern - U.S. Embassy Brazzaville, Republic of Congo, Brazzaville, Republic of Congo
- Field Organizer - Democratic Party of Virginia, Manassas, VA
- English Teaching Assistant - Teaching Assistant Program in France (TAPIF), Guadeloupe, French West Indies