With its pivotal role in world affairs, Europe is naturally an area of focus for many Fletcher students. Whether they link the countries of the continent to their study of the environment, security, or international economics, there are faculty members able to support their interests. With classes focused directly on Europe, such as U.S.-European Relations Since the Fall of the Berlin Wall; Europeanization and the Domestic Impact of European Integration; and Political Economy and Business of the European Union; as well as others, such as Comparative Legal Systems that look at Europe along with other regions, there are ample offerings to self-design a Europe field.
Members of the faculty with a special interest in European affairs include Cecile Aptel and Klaus Scharioth. Student groups with a focus on the region include the European Affairs Society (Euro Club); conferences and lectures focused on Europe are regular offerings.
Finally, there are many exchange programs that offer students the opportunity to study for a semester or a year in Europe, including:
- "Mediating Constitutional Reform in Bosnia and Herzegovina: An Analysis of Three Constitutional Reform Attempts"
- "Estimating the Short-Term Elasticity of Residential Electricity Demand - Evidence from a German Field Experiment"
- "Why Export Gas To Europe? A Comparative Analysis of Qatar and Russia's Perspective On Gas Markets' Dynamics."
- "Exporting the AKP: Turkey as an emerging donor of development aid in Bosnia-Herzogovina and beyond"
- "Converging Policies and Competing Interests: Securitized Migration Policies in the European Union and their Impact on Conflict-Affected Migrants"
- "Needs Must: Success, Failures, and Lessons of the Messy U.S. Occupation of West Germany after WWII"
- "Re-inventing the Newsroom: Understanding the Business Models in Political Newspapers in Southeastern Europe"
- "Between the Poles of Polish Memory: Diverging Narratives of Exile in the Soviet Union"
- "Privatization of the Electricity Distribution Companies in Turkey"
- "The Effects of Corruption and Arms Imports on FDI: Case of Turkey"
Club Leaders: Tihomir Tsenkulovski (F09)
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Club Leader: Haris Mesinovic (F00)
Club Leader: Nursultan Eldosov (F16)
Club Leader: Patty Ye Cao (F12)
Club Leader: Ivan Monème (F90)
Club Leader: Felix Hofmann (F13)
Club Leader: Isabel Jimenez Mancha (F17)
Club Leader: Cristian Breitenstein (F14)
Club Leader: Anita Orban (F01)
Club Leader: Chiara di Segni (F15)
Club Leader: Christine Shepherd Vermeulen (F12)
Club Leader: Joanna Lisiecka-Zurowska (F16)
Club Leader: Sinziana Frangeti (F07)
Club Leader: Alberto Lopez San Miguel (F96)
Club Leader: Everett Peachey (F05)
Club Leader: Frederic Ganner (F13)
Club Leader: Nesli Tombul (F12)