For Fletcher Students
Fletcher has cross-registration agreements with other Tufts University graduate schools, as well as with Harvard University graduate schools. Fletcher does not have cross-registration agreements with any other universities in the Boston area.
All cross-registered courses must be graduate-level courses. Students may cross-register for up to 25% of their courses while at Fletcher. Full-time students are permitted to take no more than the equivalent of 6.0 Fletcher credits at Tufts or Harvard in a given semester.
View full cross-registrations policies on myFletcher.
Cross-Registration at Harvard
Before cross-registering at Harvard, please ensure that you read and understand all cross-registration policies. It is your responsibility to know the policies before cross-registering.
- Please check each Harvard school’s website for the cross-registration enrollment dates.
- There is no pre-registration for Harvard courses. Each school normally gives priority to its own students.
- A Harvard instructor’s approval does not guarantee a spot in the course.
- Some courses have required fees for access to articles and specific software. Please follow up with the appropriate Harvard Registrar’s Office directly for more information before you enroll in the course.
Please closely review the Harvard cross-registration instructions and visit the My.Harvard cross-registration portal to set up a Harvard key. The Harvard key will either be synced to a current Harvard ID (HUID) or create a new HUID for you if this is your first time cross-registering. You will then receive an email from Harvard IT asking you validate your Harvard key. This will give you access to your own course enrollment page in my.harvard.edu.
Information on how to enroll in courses at Harvard through cross-registration.
For Tufts Students/Employees
All cross-registration is done through SIS. Please follow the instructions outlined by the SIS team. Once your petition is submitted, it will need to be approved by both the Fletcher faculty member, the Fletcher Registrar's Office, and Tufts University Student Services Center in Dowling Hall. If you are a Tufts employee, please also be sure to submit a tuition remission application to Dowling Hall.
For Harvard Students
If you are a Harvard cross-registrant, please follow the below outlined steps:
- Request access to our student information system (SIS) through which students register for courses. Please submit a request to access SIS with this online form if you have not cross-registered into Fletcher before. If you have cross-registered at Fletcher in a prior semester, please start with step #3.
- After submitting a request to access SIS, within 2-3 business days, you should receive two email requests to set up your Tufts username and password.
- Once your username and password are finalized, complete the Cross-Registration Petition which requires the signature of the instructor's signature to enroll. Return the completed form to email@example.com. This serves as your cross-registration petition.
- At the end of the course registration period, your cross-registration petition will be approved or denied. If approved, the Fletcher Registrar's Office will notify your Harvard Registrar's Office of your approval for cross-registration enrollment in the Fletcher course(s) so they may add them to your Harvard transcript.
- Dropping a Course: Harvard students should send all drop requests via email to both the Fletcher Registrar’s Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) and their home school Registrar's Office.
- LLM students at Harvard Law School require prior written approval from the Graduate Program Office in order to cross-register at Fletcher. Before submitting a petition online, please contact GPCourses@law.harvard.edu with details of the course (course title, semester, meeting days/times, and course description) for which you wish to cross-register.
Canvas - Once your cross-registration enrollment has been processed, you will have access to the Fletcher course's Canvas site (web platform faculty use to post syllabi, assignments, announcements, etc.). You may request from the professor early access to course material on Canvas while your petition is being reviewed.
myFletcher - As a cross-registrant, you will not have access to the myFletcher. To sign up for office hours with professors, please email your professor individually using their Tufts email address.
Key Dates Fall 2021
|Cross-registration period opens||Sept 7, 2021|
|Cross-registration period ends||Sept 27, 2021|
|First day of instruction||Sept 7, 2021|
|Last day of instruction||Dec 14, 2021|
|Final exam dates fall 2021||Dec 16 - Dec 22, 2021|
Important to Note
- If a Fletcher course is at capacity and a seat is not available in the course, the Fletcher Registrar's Office will not be able to process your cross-registration petition and you will not be enrolled in the Fletcher course even if the Fletcher faculty member approved your cross-registration petition.
- Non-Fletcher students may not cross-register in more than two courses (6.0 credits total) at Fletcher.
- Fletcher courses are not available for audit by non-Fletcher students.
- Dropping a Course: Students who would like to drop a course should do so by the drop deadline directly through SIS. All drops made after the drop deadline will result in a "W" for withdrawal on the student's transcript.
- Cross-registered students should contact the faculty member directly to access the syllabi.