For Fletcher Students
Fletcher has cross-registration agreements with other Tufts University graduate schools, as well as with Harvard University graduate schools. Fletcher does not have cross-registration agreements with any other universities in the Boston area.
All cross-registered courses must be graduate-level courses. Students may cross-register for up to 25% of their courses while at Fletcher. Full-time students are permitted to take no more than the equivalent of 6.0 Fletcher credits at Tufts or Harvard in a given semester.
View full cross-registrations policies on myFletcher.
Cross-Registration at Harvard
Before cross-registering at Harvard, please ensure that you read and understand all cross-registration policies. It is your responsibility to know the policies before cross-registering.
- Please check each Harvard school’s website for the cross-registration enrollment dates.
- There is no pre-registration for Harvard courses. Each school normally gives priority to its own students.
- A Harvard instructor’s approval does not guarantee a spot in the course.
- Some courses have required fees for access to articles and specific software. Please follow up with the appropriate Harvard Registrar’s Office directly for more information before you enroll in the course.
Please closely review the Harvard cross-registration instructions and visit the My.Harvard cross-registration portal to set up a Harvard key. The Harvard key will either be synced to a current Harvard ID (HUID) or create a new HUID for you if this is your first time cross-registering. You will then receive an email from Harvard IT asking you validate your Harvard key. This will give you access to your own course enrollment page in my.harvard.edu.
Information on how to enroll in courses at Harvard through cross-registration.
For Tufts Students/Employees
All cross-registration is done through SIS. Please follow the instructions outlined by the SIS team. Once your petition is submitted, it will need to be approved by both the Fletcher faculty member, the Fletcher Registrar's Office, and Tufts University Student Services Center in Dowling Hall. If you are a Tufts employee, please also be sure to submit a tuition remission application to Dowling Hall.
For Harvard Students
If you are a Harvard cross-registrant, please follow the below:
- Review the Fletcher Academic Calendar and Course Schedule. When reviewing the course schedule make sure “Course Career” is set to “Fletcher School” and that you select the current term.
- Once you have selected a course you wish to cross-register for you will need to complete the Cross Registration Petition. For your petition to be considered complete, you must have the endorsement of the course instructor.
- Cross-registration petitions for the spring 2022 term will not be processed until Jan 13 and will continue on a rolling basis until Fletcher registration deadline. Approval is based course capacity, should a course be over capacity the Registrar’s Office will deny the petition, even if the course instructor approved your enrollment.
- At the end of the course registration period, if approved, the Fletcher Registrar's Office will notify the Harvard Registrar's Office of your approval for cross-registration enrollment in the Fletcher course(s) so they may add them to your Harvard transcript.
- Dropping a Course: Please note the Fletcher academic calendar deadlines may differ from your home school. Harvard students should send all drop requests via email to both the Fletcher Registrar’s Office (email@example.com) and their home school Registrar's Office.
- LLM students at Harvard Law School require prior written approval from the Graduate Program Office in order to cross-register at Fletcher. Before submitting a petition, please contact GPCourses@law.harvard.edu with details of the course (course title, semester, meeting days/times, and course description) for which you wish to cross-register.
Canvas Once your cross-registration enrollment has been processed, you will have access to the Fletcher course's Canvas site (the learning management system for faculty to post syllabi, assignments, announcements, etc.). You may request from the professor early access to course material on Canvas while your petition is being reviewed.
myFletcher As a cross-registrant, you will not have access to the myFletcher. To sign up for office hours with professors, please email your professor individually using their Tufts email address.
Key Dates Fall 2021
September 7, 2021: Cross-registration period opens
September 27, 2021: Cross-registration period ends
September 7, 2021: First day of instruction
December 14, 2021: Last day of instruction
December 16 - December 22, 2021: Final exam dates fall 2021
Key Dates Spring 2022
January 18, 2022: Cross-registration period opens
February 7, 2022: Cross-registration period ends
January 18, 2022: First day of instruction
May 2, 2022: Last day of instruction
May 5 - May 11, 2022: Final exam dates spring 2022
Important to Note
- If a Fletcher course is at capacity and a seat is not available in the course, the Fletcher Registrar's Office will not be able to process your cross-registration petition and you will not be enrolled in the Fletcher course even if the Fletcher faculty member approved your cross-registration petition.
- Non-Fletcher students may not cross-register in more than two courses (6.0 credits total) at Fletcher.
- Fletcher courses are not available for audit by non-Fletcher students.
- All drops made after the drop deadline will result in a "W" for withdrawal on the student's transcript.
- Cross-registered students should contact the faculty member directly to access the syllabi.