Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging Leadership
Standing Committee on Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging
The Standing Committee on Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging is a recently-created committee of faculty, students, staff, and Alumni. The committee addresses issues faced by faculty, students, and staff, and will implement The Fletcher School's Diversity and Inclusion Action Agenda. The Standing Committee also works closely with the various diversity and inclusion groups on campus.
James Rollins, Assistant Dean for Diversity & Inclusion (ADDI), serves as Chair of the Standing Committee reporting directly to Dean Kyte.
Committee members are:
- Faculty Members: Katrina Burgess, John Cerone, Carolyn Gideon, Melissa McCracken, Elizabeth Prodromou, Shinsuke Tanaka, Ibrahim Warde, and Abi Williams.
- Staff Members: Roxanne Collins, Katie Mulroy, Yaritza Pena, Sara Rosales, Cynthia Rubino, Mary Ellen Vigeant
- Student Members: Padmini Baruah, Tracy Jenkins, Neiha Lasharie, Nicholas Cicchinelli. Two incoming students (one incoming September 2020, one January 2021) to be named later by a student process.
- Alumni Representative: One position to be nominated following ongoing consultation with alumni on the Board of Advisors, Fletcher Alumni of Color Association, and the Fletcher Women’s Network.
- Ex Officio Members: Maren Greathouse, Gerard Sheehan
- July 15, 2020 Orientation (meeting summary)
- Thursday, August 20, 2020 (meeting minutes to be published)
- Friday, September 4, 2020 (meeting minutes to be published)
Committee on Diversity and Inclusiveness
Fletcher’s Committee on Diversity and Inclusiveness (D&I Committee) meets regularly to collaborate on a wide range of initiatives that impact faculty and the curriculum.
The D&I Committee is a committee of the Faculty, chartered to focus on issues within the purview of the faculty. It reports progress to the Standing Committee through the Academic Council and the Academic Dean.
Diversity and Inclusion Leadership Council
Chaired by President Monaco, the Tufts Diversity and Inclusion Leadership Council guides the university’s strategy and policies to advance diversity and inclusion among the student body, faculty, and staff to make the university more inclusive and welcoming to all.
Tufts University Cabinet on Diversity & Inclusion
Reporting to the Provost, and chaired by the university's Chief Diversity Officers, the Tufts University Cabinet on Diversity & Inclusion serves as a resource for the Provost's Office and school Deans. Members of the cabinet include the Assistant/Associate Deans for Diversity and Inclusion, Chief Diversity Officers, the Associate Directors for Diversity and Inclusion Education and Training, and other school-level D&I representatives.