Tiwari, 2012, India
Officer, State Street Global Markets - Boston, MA
What skills/knowledge did you gain at Fletcher that make you particularly marketable? I was able to pick up hard skills in several areas including corporate finance, international investment law, islamic finance, and econometric impact evaluation. Fletcher's focus on hard skills in the diverse course offerings also gave me exposure to several consulting projects, start-up experiences and an internship which landed me a full-time job offer at the end of my summer.
Tell us about a meaningful relationship you had with a faculty member. I took four Fletcher courses (law and development, process of negotiations, international investment law and an independent study) with Professor Jeswald Salacuse and greatly enjoyed the learning experience. Professor Salacuse served as my MALD thesis advisor and asked me to serve as his research assistant for his upcoming book on international investment law and development. Needless to say, I consider the time spent engaging with Professor Salacuse in the classroom or during his office hours to be the most memorable aspect of my academic experience at Fletcher.
The Yacoubian Building
Most rewarding trip:
Invitation to attend an economics conference in Israel helped me to better understand challenges facing the region.
Fletcher alumnus you admire:
Fields of Study
- Human Security
- International Finance and Banking
- Strategic Management and International Consultancy
Activities involved in at Fletcher
- Fletcher Green
- Fletcher Runner's Club
- Net Impact
Education before Fletcher
- MA, Economics, University of Missouri Saint Louis
- Certificate in Enterprise Management, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) - Delhi
- B.Com (Honors), University of Delhi, India
Experience before Fletcher
- Council on Foreign Relations; New York, NY
- Hernando de Soto fellow; Washington, DC
- Center for Civil Society; New Delhi, India