Park, 2012, Republic of Korea
Interim LLM Program Director, The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy - Medford, MA
How has your Fletcher experience impacted your professional trajectory? My Fletcher experience was wonderful enough to make me want to do something for the LLM Program before I moved on. It's been a true privilege to be exposed to the perspectives on both sides of the equation - first as a student, then as a staff member of the Program from which I've benefitted so much. Whether you call it an extended internship or a post-completion training, I am hopeful that the comprehensive ability that I've gained to look at things not only from the demand side, but also from the supply side, would eventually make me a better candidate for a future job that might require a real understanding of the multi-faceted dynamics involving many distinct groups of stakeholders.
What was the most surprising thing you learned at Fletcher? One of the most surprising things I learned at Fletcher was how there were so many non-lawyers with a genuine interest in the study of law. Engaging in legal conversations with those from different professions -- diplomats, government officials, political leaders, businesspeople, activists, and academics -- has only reinforced my understanding of the law as an integral part of a larger context. I have yet to think of a better place than Fletcher to get yourself immersed in such an interactive dialogue across different fields of study, not just occasionally, but as a fact of your daily life.
The New York Times
The Great Gatsby
What's Eating Gilbert Grape?
A good cup of coffee
Global Problem That Brought You to Fletcher:
What happens, legally and politically, in trade negotiations between developing and industrialized countries
Fields of Study
- International Business and Economic Law
- International Political Economy
Activities involved in at Fletcher
- Fletcher International Law And... (FILA)
Education before Fletcher
- JD, Law, Northeastern University School of Law
- MA, Interpretation & Translation, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies
- BA, English Literature, Ewha Womans University
Experience before Fletcher
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts, Judicial Intern - Boston, MA
- Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts, Judicial Intern - Boston, MA
- U.S. Department of State: Embassy Seoul, Political Assistant - Seoul, South Korea