Salomon, 2014, Austria
Why the LLM: I chose Fletcher, and specifically the LLM program, due to the progam’s small size and the outstanding faculty to whom I would have access. I feel it is crucial to be in a small program, as it allows you the opportunity to discuss topics directly with the professors and if necessary to consult with them outside the classroom experience. The LLM provides an intellectual framework that allows students to grow intellectually and develop professionally.
On the Fletcher community: My favorite place on campus is the Hall of Flags in the main building of Fletcher. I think anyone should just sit there for half an hour and experience the moment. When doing this you will see the familiarity amongst the students, the diversity in nationalities and personalities, and the deep sense of community all of which make Fletcher the unique place it is.
Global Issue or problem that brought you to Fletcher:
Favorite location on campus:
The small bench in front of Fletcher’s main entrance at noon when it is sunny
Fields of Study:
- Self Designed - Human Rights & Refugee Law
Education before Fletcher:
- Master in Laws, Law, University of Innsbruck and Lyon
- Master in Political Science, Political Science, University of Innsbruck and Science Po Lyon
Experience before Fletcher:
- Institute of International Law, University of Graz, Teaching and Research Fellow, Graz/ Austria
- Austrian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Trainee, Vienna/ Austria
- European Union, Trainee, Warsaw/ Poland