Become a SWFI Affiliate
The Sovereign Wealth Fund Initiative (SWFI) at The Fletcher School, Tufts University is launching an Affiliate Program for scholars and practitioners working on issues related to sovereign wealth management. Affiliates will be associated with SWFI for one academic year and will be expected to produce a research product (working paper, research brief, or case study) during their tenure.
Topics of interest may include:
- Public Policy and Regulatory Aspects of Sovereign Wealth Investment and Risk Management
- Challenges and Opportunities for New and Incipient Sovereign Wealth Funds
- Sovereign Wealth Investment Objectives, Including Socially Responsible Investing and Innovative Finance
- Political Risk and Asset Allocation Strategies
- Discriminatory Investment Policies
- Fund Transparency and Governance
To apply as an Affiliate, prospective applicants must provide the following materials no later than September 1, 2011:
- A completed Application Form (to be provided, capturing basic information).
- A complete and detailed curriculum vitae.
- A statement of intent describing the specific nature of the research that the applicant plans to undertake and complete during the term (500-750 words).
- One letter of reference from an individual familiar with the applicant's academic or professional accomplishments.
Affiliate Researchers will receive the following:
- Affiliation with SWFI, The Fletcher School, for the academic year 2011-2012
- Listing and biography on SWFI website
- Invitations to attend SWFI annual fellows meetings
- Access to SWFI fellows, Fletcher School-based faculty, and research resources
- Opportunities to propose or develop topics to present to SWFI partners when appropriate
- An online outlet for publication/distribution of research produced during tenure
Please note that The Fletcher School is not able offer office space or administrative assistance to Affiliates.
For more information or to apply, please contact Stacy Neal, Associate Director, Center for Emerging Market Enterprises at email@example.com.
SWFI Launches Bilateral Fund Webinars
In partnership with State Street Corporation and K&L Gates, LLP, the Sovereign Wealth Fund Initiative has launched a series of bilateral webinars with sovereign wealth management teams across the globe. Covering topics from regulation and capital controls to innovative financing and asset allocation, the webinars offer tailored expertise and a private venue for discussion of key fund management issues. For more information, please contact us.
SWFI Announces Partnership with State Street and K&L Gates
Under the leadership of the Center for Emerging Market Enterprises at The Fletcher School, Tufts University, K&L Gates, LLP and State Street Corporation will sponsor the development of the Sovereign Wealth Fund Initiative (SWFI). All three institutions will develop content and research in partnership to meet SWFI’s objectives. To learn more, please read the recent Bloomberg article or original press release announcing the initiative on BusinessWire.
Dr. Eliot Kalter, senior fellow at The Fletcher School’s Sovereign Wealth Fund Initiative and president of E M Strategies, along with Thomas F. Holt, adjunct professor of law at The Fletcher School and partner in the global law firm K&L Gates LLP, write for Reuters on the “Euro zone crisis and sovereign wealth funds.”