* PLEASE CHECK BACK SOON FOR UPDATED INFORMATION FOR INCOMING FALL 2014 STUDENTS *
Congratulations on your acceptance to Fletcher! On behalf of the current student body, the Student Council would like to welcome you to the Fletcher community.
The Student Council represents the entire student body, and everyone who is willing to devote time and attention to the affairs of the School is encouraged to run for a position. In recent years, the Student Council has been involved in projects such as improving information technology resources, career services, and developing the academic curriculum. Furthermore, Fletcher Student Council offers opportunities for:
- Interaction on many levels with the Faculty and Administration
- High level of student involvement in school activities
- Initiating projects and discussing policies
- Voicing student concerns directly in "town hall" meetings
The Student Council is comprised of three first-year students, three second-year students, and one PhD candidate. Returning students elect their representatives at the end of their first year. The election process for the three remaining Student Council positions takes place toward the beginning of the academic year.
The 2013-2014 First-Year Student Representatives are: Uzair Younus, Ayesha Patel, and Gustavo Perez Ara.
The 2013-2014 Second-Year Student Representatives are: Nihal Chauhan, Alessa Popvic, and Jennie Vader.
The 2013-2014 PhD Student Representative is: Rizwan Ladha
We are looking forward to talking with you about how you can participate in student governance and student life at Fletcher.
In addition to the Student Council, students are elected to participate on a number of School, faculty, and program committees.
The Committees are:
- Committee on Academic Integrity
- Committee on Career Services
- Committee on Curriculum and Requirements for Degrees
- Committee on Diversity and Inclusiveness
- Committee on Student Academic Programs