* PLEASE CHECK BACK SOON FOR UPDATED INFORMATION FOR INCOMING FALL 2014 STUDENTS *
The Fletcher School produces annually, Fletcher Faces, a booklet that provides general information about students, including photos, as well as photos of faculty and staff. In the spring, a Fletcher Faces Addendum is produced, which includes Fletcher's incoming Januarian students. This printed publication is available only to members of the Fletcher community (Fletcher students, faculty, and staff).
Deadline to submit your general information, biographical statement, and photo for inclusion in Fletcher Faces: December 15, 2013
General Information and Biographical Statement
- We ask students to provide some general information and to write a brief biographical statement (no more than 200 words) to be shared with their fellow Fletcher students.
- The brief bio should include highlights of your pre-Fletcher career, as well as your current academic interests, and should be written in the first person. For example, please write "I love to travel" and do NOT write, "Jim Smith loves to travel."
- Fletcher Faces also includes general information about where you completed your undergraduate degree, the foreign languages that you speak other than English, your hometown (city, state, and country), nickname/preferred name, and the name of spouse/partner (if applicable). The objective in publishing this information is to enable you to network with your classmates for career, academic, and social purposes.
- Important to Note: Please only submit the General Information and Biographical Statement to our office via the Survey Monkey New Student Information online form available at this web link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Januarian.
- You'll see that the Survey Monkey New Student Information online form also prompts you to provide your "Preferred First and Last Name for Name Tag and Name Tent." Mary Dulatre, Assistant Director of Student Affairs, will produce your Name Tag and Name Tent―you will need to bring your Name Tent Card to all classes and you will need to wear your Name Tag to all Fletcher networking events.
- All JPEG photos for inclusion in Fletcher Faces must be uploaded to the secure Tufts University Photo Upload website: https://picasso.publicsafety.tufts.edu/.
** IMPORTANT TO NOTE: You will be able to login to the Tufts University Photo Upload website using your Tufts Username (UTLN) and Password.
- This photo will be used for Fletcher Faces, as well as for your Tufts Student ID Card, which Tufts Public Safety will create for you when you arrive on campus. If you do not submit a photo by the December 15 deadline, your photo will not be included in Fletcher Faces. Additionally, if you submit your photo by the December 15 deadline, the Tufts Public Safety Office will be able to produce your Tufts Student ID Card much more quickly for you when you arrive on campus.
- Please DO NOT attempt to submit your jpeg photo through the Survey Monkey New Student (Januarian) Information Online Form and use the Tufts University Photo Upload website link: https://picasso.publicsafety.tufts.edu/.
- The photo that you upload through the Tufts University Photo Upload website should be labeled with your name in the following manner: LastName,FirstName.jpg.
Please note if your photo does not meet the criteria requirements listed below when you upload your photo to the Tufts University Photo Upload website (https://picasso.publicsafety.tufts.edu/), the Tufts Public Safety Office will deny your photo upload submission:
- The image must be in color and feature a clear, full-face view of only you.
- You must be wearing normal street attire.
- You may not wear a hat or dark glasses.
- The background must be plain white or off-white.
- The photo must be a good likeness of you and sufficiently recent; normally within the last 6 months.
- Image files must be in JPEG format and must be no larger than 6 MB.
- Your face is at least 300 pixels in width and height (the more pixels the better).
- And, don't forget to smile!
- The image file is in JPEG format and ends with the .jpg filename extension.
If you have questions about privacy, or you do not wish to be included in Fletcher Faces, please contact the Fletcher Office of the Registrar (FletcherRegistrar@tufts.edu) in advance of the December 15 deadline.