How to Obtain your Tufts.edu Email Account, Tufts Student ID Number, and Tufts Username
You should create your Tufts email address and obtain your Student ID number as soon as possible since official emails will be sent to your new Tufts email address:
Obtaining Your Tufts Username (assigned to you when you set-up your Tufts email account)
- To create your Tufts email address, please log back into your Tufts Graduate Application Management account: https://grad.admissions.tufts.edu/app/login.aspx. If you do not remember your username and password, please click "Don’t know your username and password?" to retrieve it, or send an email to Fletcher Admissions Office at FletcherAdmissions@tufts.edu with your full name to re-request it.
- After you have successfully logged into your Tufts Graduate Application Management account, click, "Get your Tufts email address," then follow the instructions to create your Tufts email account. The instructions are self-explanatory so you should not have any difficulty creating your new Tufts email account. If you do experience any difficulty, please contact the Fletcher Admissions Office.
- Once you’ve logged in, you will also see that your Tufts Student ID # is listed under your name. Please be sure to keep your Tufts Student ID # for your records. You will need your Tufts Student ID number to create your Tufts e-Bill account.
Note: Tufts e-Bill is the system you will use to pay your tuition. You will receive an email from the Tufts University Student Services Center with details about how to set up your e-Billing account. In December 2012, your student tuition bill for the Spring 2013 Semester may be accessed electronically. You will receive an email notification when a new bill has been generated and you will have the ability to view your bill online. You will not receive a paper tuition bill.
- Once you set up your Tufts email account, you may access it by using this web address: https://exchange.tufts.edu.
- If you wish to set-up forwarding, vacation notices, etc., of your Tufts email to another email account, you may do so by going to: https://tuftstools.tufts.edu. Also, if you have a Smartphone or other mobile device and you want to set it up to receive your Tufts email, please review the directions available at: https://wikis.uit.tufts.edu/confluence/display/infoexchange/md-setup.
- For more information about your Tufts email account, send an email to: email@example.com, or contact the Eaton Computer Lab at 617-627-3701.
- You will need your Tufts username (UTLN - Universal Tufts Login Name) and password to login to many computer systems at Tufts; it looks like this: "jsmith01." It consists of your first initial, the first five letters of your last name, and two randomly assigned digits. Your Tufts username is assigned to you when you set-up your Tufts email account along with your password.