Congratulations on your acceptance to Fletcher! On behalf of the current student body, the Student Council would like to welcome you to the Fletcher community.
The Student Council represents the entire student body, and everyone who is willing to devote time and attention to the affairs of the School is encouraged to run for a position. In recent years, the Student Council has been involved in projects such as improving information technology resources, career services, and developing the academic curriculum. Furthermore, Fletcher Student Council offers opportunities for:
- Interaction on many levels with the Faculty and Administration
- High level of student involvement in school activities
- Initiating projects and discussing policies
- Voicing student concerns directly in "town hall" meetings
The Student Council is comprised of three first-year students, three second-year students, and one PhD candidate. Returning students elect their representatives at the end of their first year. The election process for the three remaining Student Council positions takes place toward the beginning of the academic year.
The 2014-2015 returning Student Council Representatives are Ayesha Patel, Clint Shoemake, and Rebecca Aguilar.
The 2014-2015 returning Student Council PhD Representative is Phoebe Randel.
The 2014-2015 first-year Student Council Representatives: TBD.
We are looking forward to talking with you about how you can participate in student governance and student life at Fletcher.
In addition to the Student Council, students are elected to participate on a number of School, faculty, and program committees:
- Academic Council
- Committee on Academic Integrity
- Committee on Career Services
- Committee on Diversity and Inclusiveness
- Committee on Student Academic Programs