- How much work experience do your students have?
Most successful applicants will have at least three years of full-time work experience in the private sector or a job with business or management responsibilities such as corporate law, corporate research and analysis, an advisory position with a government or NGO, or as a military officer.
- How much international experience do your students have
There is no rigid requirement as to length or nature of international experience, but because the MIB is inherently focused on international business, students should have a demonstrated interest in the international environment. For some students, this could mean experience living and/or working abroad. For others, a working or research environment where international issues are the focus could be sufficient. The nature of each applicant’s international experience is assessed in the context of his or her individual application and professional goals.
- What kind of quantitative experience do I need?
All students must be able to thrive in a rigorous academic environment that includes substantial quantitative coursework. This capacity can be demonstrated in several ways: an undergraduate academic record that shows success in quantitative coursework such as macroeconomics, microeconomics, calculus, statistics, and/or econometrics; a strong quantitative GMAT or GRE score; or full-time work experience with significant and demonstrable quantitative responsibilities.
- Do you offer scholarships?
Yes, Fletcher offers scholarships to help defray tuition costs. While we encourage candidates to seek outside sources of funding including scholarships and loans, all Fletcher applicants are considered for scholarship aid on the basis of both need and merit.
- Do you have a minimum GMAT score? What is the average GMAT score?
- The Fletcher School's Committee on Admissions views standardized test scores as one part of the applicant's total application but not the most important part. Along with your academic transcripts and an academic letter of recommendation, the GMAT is one of several ways in which we assess your academic capabilities. We do not have a minimum requirement for the GMAT. In recent years, the middle 50% of GMAT scores of admitted students has been in the 640-720 range. We also accept GRE scores for MIB applicants, though the GMAT is preferred.