The MIB is a unique hybrid of a business degree and an international affairs degree. This two-year interdisciplinary program allows students to gain traditional business skills as well as the international knowledge necessary for working in a global business environment. The integrated MIB curriculum ensures that students not only understand how companies operate, but also the complex context in which they operate.
All MIB students gain a foundation of skills through a series of required core classes in business, international affairs, and regional studies, offered both in English and in the native language of the region.
Electives and Specializations
Additionally, students pursue their individual interests through flexible elective classes and two fields of study, one an international business field and the other an international affairs field.
Fletcher students may also cross-register
at the graduate schools of Tufts and Harvard Universities or pursue a semester-long international exchange program
- Complete the core curriculum.
- Complete two fields of study: one in business and one international affairs.
- Demonstrate proficiency in a second language.
- Submit and have approved by a member of the faculty a satisfactory Capstone Project.
- Complete the Professional Development Program (PDP).