The many speakers that come to campus each week represent the Fletcher network in action. These speakers come from all sectors and regions, and they give students the opportunity to build professional contacts as well as topical knowledge.
Many of these business-oriented speakers are hosted through the Institute for Business in the Global Context or through the Center for Emerging Market Enterprises. Recent speakers and conferences include:
Conferences & Symposia
- Cultivating Global Leadership Skills: A CEO’s Career Journey: David Simmons, Chairman & CEO, PPD
- Why Brand Matters: The New and the True: Susan Avarde, Head of Global Branding, Citi
- Insuring the Future: Challenges of Leading & Managing a Global Enterprise: Stuart Spencer (F '89), Chief Operating Officer, Accident & Health Worldwide, Chubb
- Scaling Social Impact: From Influencing Individuals to Growing Platforms for Change: Katie Smith Milway, Partner, Head of Knowledge, The Bridgespan Group
- Smart Simplicity – BCG Perspectives on achieving organizational advantage in a complex global world: Peter Tollman, Senior Partner & Managing Director, The Boston Consulting Group
- Extreme Inclusion: Development, Dignity, and Financial Services
- Africa's Turn? The Promise and Reality of the Global Economy's "Final Frontier"
- Killing Cash: Pros and Cons of Mobile Money for the World's Poor: A Look at Both Sides of the Coin