Cardenas-Gonzalez '16, 2016, Colombia
Consultant, Inter-American Development Bank - Washington, DC
Support implementation of IDB´s Corporate Results Framework, collecting and analyzing data on CRF indicators as well as knowledge of data and processes.
Fletcher capstone: Analyzing Colombia's Exchange Rate: Is the Country in a Currency Crisis?
On selecting Fletcher: In addition to the MALD program’s prestigious reputation, one of the reasons why I chose Fletcher was undoubtedly the faculty and staff’s interest in building strong relationships with prospective students. During an APSIA-sponsored conference held in my country, I had the opportunity to meet with representatives from different graduate programs in international affairs. I noticed that the Fletcher School was the only one whose Director of Admissions was present at the event. From then on, Fletcher was the school I felt closest to. Receiving information and feedback from The Fletcher School in Colombia made me feel part of the Fletcher community before even submitting my application! Now that I am a current MALD student, I never regret selecting Fletcher as the place to pursue my Master’s degree.
On the diversity of the community: I was amazed by the quality of the classmates I met during orientation week. The diversity of Fletcher’s community is impressive, and everyone has an incredible story to tell. Students come from all over the world and have very different but have one common objective: to work together to build a better and more cooperative world.
Most rewarding trip
Washington D.C. while interning at the Organization of American States
Fletcher alumni you admire
Juan Manuel Santos, Pamela Cox
Fields of Study
- International Monetary Theory and Policy
Activities involved in at Fletcher
- Fletcher United Nations Club
- Harvard Law in International Development Society (LIDS)
Education before Fletcher
- Bachelor of Arts in Finance and International Relations, International Affairs, Universidad Externado de Colombia – Sciences Po Paris (Exchange Program)
Experience before Fletcher
- Advisor, Government Group, Justice, Security and Government Division, National Planning Department. Government of Colombia, Bogota, Colombia
- Monitor- Tracking Monitoring and Evaluation System, Disarmament, Demobilization and Reintegration Program., International Organization for Migration- IOM, Bogota, Colombia