Jayakrishnan, 2015, India
On my favorite class: My favorite and most challenging class this semester is Social Network Analysis. I decided to study an area that I hadn’t examined before because social networks will drive organizational success 20 years from now and therefore, I need to know how to analyze one! Professor Tunnard taught us how to work magic with new software, and collaboration outside the classroom with my teammates, who happened to be from Bosnia, Norway, China and Japan, made me realize how many different perspectives there were to analyzing the same data set. All in all, it has been quite an enriching classroom experience!
How I first learned about Fletcher: I first learned about Fletcher while in high school in India, when I began tracing the educational and career trajectory of a person I admire: Dr. Shashi Tharoor, former United Nations Under-Secretary-General for Communications and Public Information, present Minister of State, India and Fletcher Alum. I did further research, applied, and here I am!
Autobiography of a Yogi
Experience when you felt the farthest from home:
Walking across the Rathong glacier at 16500 feet in the Himalayas!
Favorite Guest Speaker:
Mr. Toomas Hendrik Ilves, President of Estonia
Fields of Study:
- International Organizations
- International Business Relations
Activities involved in at Fletcher:
- The Fletcher Forum of World Affairs
- The Fletcher Security Review
- Ralph Bunche Society
Education before Fletcher:
- B.A. LLB (Hons), National University of Juridical Sciences
Experience before Fletcher:
- Murugappa Group, Assistant Manager, Corporate Legal, India
- The Supreme Court of India, Law Clerk to Hon'ble Mr. Justice Swatanter Kumar, The Supreme Court of India