Lux, 2017, France
On choosing the MA: I met two MALD alumni in Jakarta, Indonesia where I used to work with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). One was a colleague, both became close friends. They introduced me to The Fletcher School and, when I decided to go back to studying, they did not have to persuade me that Fletcher was the place to do it. Their intelligence, professional accomplishment and kindness was a better advertisement than the admissions brochure. Graduate school is great way to extend one’s professional network, but the strength and breadth of the alumni network at Fletcher is extraordinary. I chose the mid-career MA program for its short duration and flexibility, giving experienced professionals an opportunity to pause their career for only two semesters and further ensure they can continue to work in their respective fields as in as thoughtful and knowledgeable manner as possible. I wanted to round out my approach to international development with courses on private finance and international law, as well courses related to social enterprises and design thinking at Harvard Business School. The possibility of cross-registration with Harvard University as well as Tufts University is another reason I chose Fletcher.
On the diversity of the student body: As soon as I began at Fletcher, it became clear that all students had been carefully selected based on their backgrounds and experiences. There is an apparent pattern in everyone’s uniqueness yet each student brings to the table different industry knowledge, different skill sets, and different languages. Everyone has a unique story to tell and this adds to the classroom experience as much as the community.
Fields of Study:
- International Development
Activities involved in at Fletcher:
- Fletcher Social Investment Group
- Fletcher International Business Club
- Master of Management of Information and Communications Projects, Institute of Business Administration, University of Nantes, France & Georgia State University, GA
- MS, Computer Science Engineering, Polytech Paris-Sud University XI, Orsay France & RWTH Aachen, Germany
- BS, Computer Science Engineering, Polytech Paris-Sud University XI, Orsay France & RWTH Aachen, Germany
- Programme Specialist Climate Change (REDD+), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), Jakarta, Indonesia
- Technical Advisor, Gesellschaft far Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Jakarta, Indonesia