CHALLENGES TO THE 21ST CENTURY: EUROPEAN AND AMERICAN PERSPECTIVES SERIES
The Constantine Karamanlis Chair in Hellenic and European Studies, The Fletcher School, Tufts University in collaboration with the International Security Studies Program at The Fletcher School, co-sponsored and hosted the following events at The Fletcher School. The events were organized by Ms Renee Haferkamp I under the auspices of the Minda de Gunzburg Center for European Studies at Harvard University, and in collaboration with the Weatherhead Center for International affairs, the Kokkalis Program and the Nicolas Janssen Family Fund in Brussels.
- 10/11/12 Thomas Mayr-Harting, Ambassador of the European Union in the United Nations, “The EU in the UN: One voice or many voices?”
- 9/26/12 Olli Rehn, Vice President of the European Commission responsible for Economic and Monetary Affairs and the Euro, “The way forward for European Integration”
- 10/12/11 Pierre Vilmont, Executive Secretary General of the European External Action Service, “Europe and the Challenges of today s global world”
- 10/26/10 Joao Vale de Almeida, Head of the European Union Delegation to the United States, “In search for European Foreign and security diplomacy”
- 9/27/10 Baroness Catherine Ashton, High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy of the European Union, “Europe s global role after Lisbon”
- 9/18/09 Javier Solana, European Union High representative for the Common Foreign and Security policy, “Europe s role in confronting global security challenges”
- 10/29/08 Alain Lamassoure, Member of the European Parliament, Member of the EPP Bureau, “Transatlantic Relations after the US elections: What does Europe expect”
- 10/8/08 Stavros Dimas, Commissioner of the European Union: Environment, “Environmental policy making in the European Union”
- 10/18/07 Jacek Saryusz-Wolski, Chairman of the Commission of Foreign Relations: European Parliament, “Enlargement of the European Union: past and future”
- 12/7/07 Andris Piebalgs, Commissioner of the European Union: Energy, “The European energy policy: challenges and responses”
- 12/4/06 Jamie Shea,Director-General for External and Politico-Military Affairs, Council of the European Union, “Global NATO: overdue or overstretch?
- 11/1/06 Robert Cooper, Director General for External and Politico-Military Affairs, Council of the European Union, “Europe as a foreign policy actor. What it isn’t .What it is. How it (really) functions. Why it is good for the USA”
- 10/10/06 Hans-Gert Poettering, MEP, Chairman of the EPP-ED Group in the European Parliament, “EU and US- Common responsibility in the world”