Travel Warning for People with Pending Immigrant (Green Card) Applications

If you have already applied to adjust your status to permanent resident, you must obtain Advance Parole (Form I-131, Application for Travel Document). Advance Parole is a formal way of requesting travel permission from USCIS prior to departing the U.S. to ensure proper re-entry. If you fail to do this, you may risk being unable to re-enter the U.S. Please discuss any foreign travel plans with an immigration attorney.