In much the same way you obtained your F-1 or J-1 visa by
documenting that you were accepted to Fletcher and you had sufficient
funds to study and live here, your spouse will have to do the same.
If you wish to bring your spouse to the United States, you need to
provide the International Student Advisor with the following
- Current Bank Statement (within 2 months) with your full name
on it, indicating you have at least $4,000.00 U.S. to sponsor your
- Letter of Sponsorship, dated and signed, attesting to your
relationship to your spouse and your willingness to provide him/her at
least $4,000.00 for living expenses.
- Letter that lists your spouse’s or children’s:
- First name (clearly identified)
- Last name (clearly identified)
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Relationship to you
- Approximate arrival date in the U.S.
The same documentation is required if you intend to bring your
children to the U.S. For each child who comes to the U.S., you must
show an additional $3,000.00 U.S.
You are not required to be the sponsor. But, whoever is the sponsor must show the above listed financial documents.
Processing time to issue your spouse’s and/or children’s immigration documents is approximately 2 to 3 weeks.