Upcoming Class Start Dates and Deadlines
The GMAP Committee on Admissions and Scholarships is currently accepting applications for the following start dates:
- Midyear Class of 2017-2018 (initial residency in Barcelona, Spain, January 3-15, 2018). Click here for this class start's academic calendar.
- Class of 2018-2019 (initial residency at The Fletcher School, July 30-August 11, 2018). Click here for this class start's academic calendar.
The GMAP Committee on Admissions and Scholarships, comprised of Fletcher faculty and administration, offers rolling admissions and meets at least once a month to review applications and make admissions decisions. Applicants who apply before the 1st day of a month will be notified of their admissions decision by the end of that month.
Applications to start in August are typically reviewed between September and July. Applications to start in January as a Midyear student are typically reviewed between July and December.
The GMAP admissions team will acknowledge receipt of your application materials and inform you of any incomplete requirements via e-mail. Applying as early as possible increases an applicant's chances of enrolling in the class session of his or her choice.
The successful GMAP candidate should possess the following:
- Minimum of eight years professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- General proficiency in a second language
- Desire and ability to engage in a multi-disciplinary international affairs curriculum
Applicants to GMAP must submit the following:
- GMAP Application for Admission
- Essay Responses
- Résumé or CV
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Official Academic Transcripts
- $80 Application Fee
- Letter of Understanding from Employer (if applicable)
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores (if applicable)
- GMAP Scholarship Application (if applicable)
Please review the Application Requirements (Pgs. 1-7 of the Application for Admission) for further information.
Interviews and Visits
The GMAP Admissions Team encourages prospective students to schedule phone or Skype calls with the team at any point during the application process. Moreover, prospective students visiting or residing in the Boston area are welcome to visit Fletcher and interview in person. The GMAP Admissions Committee may also request an initial or additional Skype interview with an applicant after they have submitted their full application for admission to the program.
GMAP Deferral and Reapplication Policy
Admitted students wishing to defer admission to The Fletcher School must submit a written request to the Assistant Director of Admissions. Deferrals are granted on a case-by-case basis, normally for no more than one academic year. If a deferral is granted, a $2,500 deferral deposit is required. This deposit is applied to the following year's first term tuition payment.
Successful applicants who have not been able to accept a previous offer of admission, or applicants who were not offered admission, may reapply within a period of three years by submitting the items listed below.
- GMAP Application form
- Reapplication fee ($80)
- One additional letter of recommendation
- Updated Resume/CV
- New responses to essay questions
- New academic transcripts (if applicable)
- Scholarship Aid Application (if applicable)
Every year, some individuals previously denied admissions are successful in the reapplication process. If your previous application was submitted more than three years ago, you must submit a new full application. Please contact the GMAP Office for further information about the deferral and reapplication process.