- JD, Boston College Law School
- BA, College of the Holy Cross
- Program Officer in the Rule of Law Program, United States Institute of Peace (2000-2003)
- Supreme Court Fellow, United States Supreme Court Judicial Fellows Program (2001-2002)
- Consultant, Justice in Times of Transition Project March 2002-present)
- Has taught at Boston University School of Law (1984-2000)
- ESSEC (Ecole Supérieure des Sciences Economiques et Commerciales)
- Université de Poitiers, and Ecole des Hautes Etudes Internationales, Paris
- Co-founder, The Mekong Delta Regional Law Center
- Member, The Association of American Law Schools, Section on International and Comparative Law and The American Society of International Law
- Institute for Human Security
- Rule of Law
- Tribal Law
- East Timor
• "The Status of Judicial Independence in Haiti," USAID/Haiti (April 2000);
• Aucoin, Louis. "Haiti's Constitutional Crisis." Boston University International Law Journal 17, no. 1 (1999): 115-140.
• Aucoin, Louis. "Judicial Review in France." Boston College International and Comparative Law Review 15, no. 2 (1992): 443-470.BOOKS
• Babbitt, Eileen and Louis Aucoin. Improving Transitional Justice: An Assessment of Progress in the Former Yugoslav States. Belgrade, Serbia: United Nations Development Program, 2006.
• Aucoin, Louis. The Role of Informal Justice Systems in Fostering the Rule of Law in Post Conflict Countries. 2005.
• Aucoin, Louis. Constitution-Making, Peace-Building, and National Reconciliatio; 2004
• The French Constitution. (An annotated guide of the French Constitution of 1958) (2003);BOOK CHAPTERS
• "Judicial Independence in France," A Guide to Judicial Independence, Technical Publications Series USAID (November 2001);
• "Les Déclarations des Colonies Américaines, Leur Influence Sur La Déclaration des Droits de 1789 et sur le Bill of Rights de 1791," La Déclaration Des Droits de l'Homme et du Citoyen de 1789: Ses Origines, Sa Pérenité. (1990).CoursesNOT CURRENTLY OFFERED