- Engineering Diploma, École Supérieure d'Informatique
- MBA, Kent State University
- PhD, International Business, University of Michigan
- Taught at the University of Michigan, Harvard University, University of Washington, University of Illinois and Kasetsart University (Thailand)
- Advisor and consultant to high-tech firms
- Former systems analyst and software engineer
- Editorial Board member of the Journal of International Business Studies, Journal of International Management, International Journal of Indian Culture and Business Management
- International Business Relations Program
- Strategic alliances
- Brand alliances
- Symbiotic marketing and sponsorship
- State branding
- Public and nonprofit branding
- Brand community
- Market orientation
- Service quality and customer satisfaction
- Sports marketing
- International marketing
- COO effects and ethnocentrism
- Offshoring and outsourcing
- Learning organizations
- Knowledge management
• "Building and Valuing Global Brands in the Nonprofit Sector.” Nonprofit Management and Leadership, 2007, 17(3): 253-277 (with Nathalie Laidler-Kylander and John A. Quelch) [lead article].
• "The Power of Numbers: Investigating the Impact of Event Roster Size in Consumer Response to Sponsorship.” Journal of Advertising, 2006, Winter, 35(4): 7-20 (with J. Ruth) [lead article].
• "How to Structure and Manage the State Branding Process," Advertising Express, July 2005: 45-57 (with Jorge De Vincente)
• Simonin, Bernard. "An Empirical Investigation of the Process of Knowledge Transfer in International Strategic Alliances." Journal of International Business Studies 35, (2004): 407-417.
• "Marketing Program Standardization: A Cross-Country Exploration.” International Journal of Research in Marketing, 2004, December, 21(4): 397-419 (with Ayse Ozsomer). [“Honorable Mention” in the Marketing Science Institute/International Journal of Research in Marketing competition on global marketing. Out of 41 competitive submissions, the paper was tied for third place].
• "Freixenet Multimedia Case: The Answer.” 2003, CD-Rom based case debriefing and answers (with J. Rialp).
• "Marketing Program Standardization: A Cross-Country Exploration.” Marketing Science Institute Reports, 2003, 03(3): 96-97 (with Ayse Ozsomer).
• "Freixenet Multimedia Case: The Australian Challenge.” 2002, CD-Rom integrated case, ISBN 0-7421-3272-2 (with J. Rialp).
• Simonin, Bernard. "Collaborative Know-How and Collaborative Advantage." Global Focus 12, no. 4 (2000): 19-34.
• Simonin, Bernard. "Ambiguity and the Process of Knowledge Transfer in Strategic Alliances." Strategic Management Journal 20, no. 7 (1999): 525-623.
• "Transfer of Marketing Know-How in International Strategic Alliances: An Empirical Investigation of the Role and Antecedents of Knowledge Ambiguity.” Journal of International Business Studies, 1999, 30(3): 463-490.
• Simonin, Bernard and Julie A. Ruth. "Is A Company Known By the Company it Keeps? Assessing the spillover effects of brand alliances on consumer brand attitudes." Journal of Marketing Research 35, no. 1 (1998): 30-42.
• Simonin, Bernard. "The Importance of Developing Collaborative Know-How: An Empirical Test of the Learning Organization." Academy of Management Journal 40, no. 5 (1997): 1150-1174.
• Simonin, Bernard. "Restructuring Japanese Business through Kyosei: Capitalizing on International Strategic Alliances at the Consumer Level." The International Executive 38, no. 1 (1996): 53-77.
• Simonin, Bernard and Julie A. Ruth. "Bundling as a Strategy for New Product Introduction: Effects on Consumers." Journal of Business Research 33, no. 3 (1995): 219-230.
• Simonin, Bernard and Vern Terpstra. "Strategic Alliances in the Triad: An Exploratory Study." Journal of International Marketing 1, no. 1 (1993).
• "IBUS 560: Multinational Business Management.” International Business I, Business Administration Reading Lists and Course Outlines, 1995, Vol. 7: 196-206, Eno River Press.BOOK CHAPTERS
• "Beyond Alliances: Towards a Meta-Theory of Collaborative Learning.” In M. Esterby-Smith and M. Lyles (eds), Handbook on Organizational Learning, 2003, Chapter 11, Blackwell Publishers (with Jane Salk).
• "The Nature of Collaborative Know-How.” In F. Contractor and P. Lorange (eds) Cooperative Strategies and Alliances, 2002, Chapter 11: 237-263, Elsevier Science Publisher.
• "Sustaining Competitive Advantage: Reflections on the Rise of Collaborative Know-How.” In Lee Preston (Ed.) Multinational Enterprises and the Global Economy, (in honor of John H. Dunning), 1995, p. 135-138, CIBER-University of Maryland, MD.
• "Towards a Better Understanding of Strategic Alliances in Marketing through Observation of Symbiotic Relationships in Nature.” 1994. In J. Sheth and A. Parvatiyar (Eds.) Relationship Marketing: Theory, Methods, and Applications, Atlanta, Ga: Emory University. (with J. Ruth).
• "Organizational Learning and a Firm's Core Competence.” In G. Hamel and A. Heene (Eds.) Sustainable Competitive Advantage through Core Competence, 1994, p. 213-239, Wiley. (with D. Helleloid).CoursesSPRING TERMGMAP COURSESNOT CURRENTLY OFFERED