- BS, Chemical Engineering, National Technical University of Athens, Greece
- MS, Chemical Engineering, University of Florida
- PhD, Chemical Engineering, University of Minnesota
- Professor in the Department of Chemical Engineering (1999-present), Raytheon Professor of Pollution Prevention (1994-1999), Chemical Engineering Department, Tufts University
- Principal Research Associate of Chemical Engineering at MIT (1985-1993)
- member of the Technical Staff at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, in Pasadena, CA
- North and South American Editor, Applied Catalysis B: Environmental
- Advisory Board, Energy and Fuels (2003-present)
- Henry J. Albert award, International Precious Metals Institute (2008); Distinguished Scholar Award, Tufts University (2007)
- Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science (2008); Fellow, American Institute of Chemical Engineers (2009)
- Clean energy technologies
- Nanocatalysis, specifically the design and study of novel nanoscale catalysts and sorbent materials for fuel processing, for air pollutant abatement, and for the production of upgraded hydrogen feedstocks for fuel cell and other uses
• "Charging and Chemical Reactivity of Gold Nanoparticles and Adatoms on the (111) Surface of Single-Crystal Magnetite: A Scanning Tunneling Microscopy/Spectroscopy Study," (co-author), J. Phys. Chem. C (2009).
• "Evolution of gold structure during thermal treatment of Au/FeOx catalysts revealed by aberration-corrected electron microscopy," (co-author), J. Electron Microscopy (2009).
• "SO2 -induced stability of Ag-alumina catalysts in the SCR of NO with methane," (co-author), Applied Catalysis B: Environmental (2009).
• "Shape and Crystal Plane Effect of Nanoscale Ceria on the Activity of Au-CeO2 Catalysts for the Water-Gas Shift Reaction," (co-author) Angewandte Chemie International Edition (2008).
• "Reaction-relevant gold structures in the low temperature water-gas shift reaction on Au-CeO2 ," (co-author) J. Phys. Chem. C (2008).
• "The Role of the Interface in CO Oxidation on Au/CeO2 Multi-layer Nanotowers," (co-author) Advanced Functional Materials (2008).
• "Activity and stability of Ag-alumina for the Selective catalytic reduction of NOx with methane in high-content SO2 gas streams," (co-author) Catalysis Today (2007).
• "Spectroscopic features and reactivity of CO adsorbed on different Au/CeO2 catalysts," (co-author) Journal of Catalysis (2007).
• "Regenerative adsorption and removal of H2S from hot fuel gas streams by rare earth oxides," (co-author), Science (2006).
• "Active non-metallic Au and Pt species on ceria-based water-gas shift catalysts," (co-author) Science (2003).