- Diplôme, de l'ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales
- BA, Université Saint-Joseph
- MA, Political Science, University of California, Berkeley
- PhD, Political Science, University of California, Berkeley
- Course Director, Euromoney Institutional Investor (2000-present)
- Previously taught at many institutions, including University of California, Berkeley, University of California, Davis
- Saint Mary's College of California; Ecole Superieure de Commerce, Rennes, France; and Euromoney Institutional Investor, PLC
- Consultant to IBPC (1977-1999)
- Research Affiliate, Center for International Studies, MIT (2002-present)
- Research Affiliate, Center for Middle Eastern Studies, Harvard University (2001-2002)
- Islamic Banking and Finance
- International Political Economy
• "Iraq: The Failed Gold Rush," Le Monde Diplomatique (2004);
• "Islamic Finance: A Quarter-Century Assessment," Proceedings of the Fourth Harvard University Forum on Islamic Finance (2001);
• "The Revitalization of Islamic Profit-and-Loss Sharing: Lessons from Western Venture Capital," Proceedings of the Third Harvard University Forum on Islamic Finance (2000).BOOKS
• Islam and Economics (forthcoming 2008).
• The Price of Fear: The Truth behind the Financial War on Terror (2007).
• Islamic Finance in the Global Economy (2000).BOOK CHAPTERS
• Warde, Ibrahim A. "Global Politics, Islamic Finance and Islamist Politics-Before and After September 11, 2001." In The Politics of Islamic Finance, eds. Clement Henry and Rodney Wilson, Edinburgh University Press, 2004.OP-EDS
• Warde, Ibrahim A. "Can congress defy Bush?" Middle East Online, 14 March 2007.
• Warde, Ibrahim A. "High Price of the Cheap Dollar." Le Monde Diplomatique, March 2005.
• Warde, Ibrahim A. "Iraq: A Licence to Loot the Land." Le Monde Diplomatique, May 2004.
• Warde, Ibrahim A. "It's the Economy, Stupid." Le Monde Diplomatique, April 2003.