- PhD, The Fletcher School
- MALD, The Fletcher School
- MA, The Fletcher School
- Degree in Law, German Law Degree
Klaus Scharioth is Professor of Practice at The Fletcher School and Dean of the Mercator College for International Affairs in Germany. He was a member of the German Foreign Service for more than 35 years (1976-2011). He served from 2006-2011 as German Ambassador to the U.S. and from 2002-2006 as State Secretary of the German Foreign Office. Before that he was, inter alia, Political Director and Director-General of the Political Department, Director of the North America and Security Policy Directorate, Head of the Office of the German Foreign Minister, Director of the Private Office of the NATO Secretary General, as well as Vice Chairman of the UN Legal and Charter Committees. He also served in Ecuador, the International Law Division, and the Policy Planning Staff of the Foreign Office. He holds a German Law Degree, a PhD, MALD, and MA from The Fletcher School, as well as honorary doctoral degrees from The College of Idaho, Chatham University and Old Dominion University. He is also a senior non-resident Fellow of the Transatlantic Academy in Washington D.C., a member of the board of Humanity in Action, a member of the International Advisory Council of the Istanbul Policy Center, and a member of the European Council on Foreign Relations.Curriculum Vitae - Klaus SchariothARTICLES
• Scharioth, K. 2017. Kooperation? Was sonst!. IP-Sonderbeilage Mercator Kolleg 2016 (Zeitschrift für Internationale Politik), 01/2017, p.4.
• Scharioth, K., 2016. Neue Formen der Zusammenarbeit. IP-Sonderbeilage Mercator Kolleg 2015 (Zeitschrift für Internationale Politik), 01/2016, p.4.
• Scharioth, K., 2015. Die Verantwortung wächst. IP-Sonderbeilage Mercator Kolleg 2014 (Zeitschrift für Internationale Politik), 01/2015, p.4.
• Scharioth, K., 2014. Engagement und Herzblut. IP-Sonderbeilage Mercator Kolleg 2013 (Zeitschrift für Internationale Politik), 01/2014, pp.4-5.
• Scharioth, K. & Klose, H., 2013. Ein Gewinn für den Westen. Eine transatlantische Handelspartnerschaft besäße Modellcharakter. IP-Zeitschrift für Internationale Politik, 05/2013, pp. 64-68.
• Scharioth, K., 2012. Gefragt: die Qualitäten eines Langstreckenläufers. IP-Sonderbeilage Mercator Kolleg 2011 (Zeitschrift für Internationale Politik), 01/2012, pp.4-5.
• Ein Gewinn für den Westen