- DBA, Harvard University
- MBA, Harvard University
- B.Tech, Indian Institute of Technology
Amar Bhidé is the author of "A Call for Judgment: Sensible Finance for a Dynamic Economy," published by Oxford University Press in September 2010. His 2008 book, "The Venturesome Economy: How Innovation Sustains Prosperity in a More Connected World" (Princeton University Press), won the Association of American Publishers’ PROSE Award for Professional and Scholarly Excellence in Business, Finance and Management, and was in the “Best of 2008” lists of the Economist, BusinessWeek and Barrons.Professional Activities
- Founding member of the Center on Capitalism and Society and spearheaded the launch of its eponymous journal, Capitalism and Society
- Member of the Council on Foreign Relations
- Member of the Brady Commission that investigated the stock market crash
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts (RSA)
- Former proprietary trader at E.F. Hutton
- Former senior engagement manager at McKinsey & Company
- Formerly served on the faculties of Harvard Business School (1988 to 2000) and the University of Chicago's Graduate School of Business
- Former Lawrence Glaubinger Professor of Business at Columbia University
- Financial markets
- Firm governance
• A Call for Judgment: Sensible Finance for a Dynamic Economy: Oxford University Press (September 2010)
• Stevenson, H.H., Grousbeck, H.I., Roberts, M.J., and Bhide, A.V., New Business Ventures and The Entrepreneur, 5th ed. Burr Ridge, IL: Irwin/McGraw-Hill, 1999.
• Sahlman, W.A., Stevenson, H.H., Roberts, M. J., and Bhide, A.V., The Entrepreneurial Venture, Boston, MA: Harvard Business School Press, 1999.
• Of Politics and Economic Reality. Basic Books, New York: September 1984.
• The Origin and Evolution of New Businesses. Oxford University Press: January 2000. (Spanish translation2001, paperback 2003, Chinese translation 2005)
• The Venturesome Economy: How Innovation Sustains Prosperity in a More Connected World Princeton University Press (2008)CoursesNOT CURRENTLY OFFERED