Patrick J. Schena is Adjunct Assistant Professor of International Business Relations at The Fletcher School, Tufts University, where he is also Senior Fellow of the Center for Emerging Market Enterprises and Co-Head of the Sovereign Wealth Fund Initiative. Schena has 30 years of experience in finance, operations, and technology management focused on investment management. He was formerly a Principal, leading delivery of the Investment Management Services at a Genpact-Headstrong Corp., a global provider of outsourcing services. He has participated in or cofounded two companies providing technology and operations services to investment managers. He holds a PhD in from The Fletcher School, Tufts University, and additional graduate degrees from The Fletcher School, and Boston College.Research Interests
- Finance and banking in East Asia
• Schena, Patrick J. "Banks, Distressed Loans, and the Development of Chinese Markets for Asset-Backed Securities." The Fletcher Forum of World Affairs 29, no. 2 (2005): 35-50.CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS
• "'Between the Lines': Law, Finance, and the Securitization of Chinese Assets", presented at the Academy of International Business Conference, July 8-12, 2005, Quebec City, QC.
• "Banks, NPL's and the Development of Chinese Markets for Asset-Backed Securities: An Analytical Survey," presented at "Risk and Investment Issues Linking China, Japan, and the US" symposium, Qingdao, PR China (May 2004).
• "Measuring and Managing the Foreign Exchange Exposure of Chinese Companies: A Preliminary Assessment," accepted for presentation at the Northeast Chapter of the Academy of International Business Conference (October 2004).
• "Information Structures and Market Development: Recent Evidence of the Certification Value of Ratings in Pricing Japanese Corporate Bonds," accepted for presentation at the Financial Management Association Annual Meeting, Denver, CO, October, 2003.
• "Bank Monitoring, Bank Health, and the Pricing of Japanese Corporate Public Debt," (co-author) presented at the Pacific Basin Finance, Economics and Accounting Conference, Singapore, August 7-8, 2002 and at the Academy of International Business Conference, July 5-8, 2003, Monterey, CA.CoursesFALL TERMNOT CURRENTLY OFFERED