Internal Promotion (Fletcher-wide events, hosted at Fletcher):
Please follow these steps to promote your event to the Fletcher community (faculty, students and staff):
1. Submit your event to The Fletcher School's calendar of events, allowing a few days for internal review and approvals. The Fletcher Calendar is our best tool to show people outside the community what we do here. It also serves as a way for us internally to plan so that each event gets the best chance to be successful, especially when it comes to scheduling.
2. Items submitted to the calendar by Monday at noon are eligible for inclusion in the Thursday issue of "This Week @ Fletcher," a weekly internal email of events happening the following week.
3. Once your event has been published to the calendar, promote your event on the official Fletcher student listserv (email@example.com). In order to ensure that events at Fletcher are properly advertised on the above Fletcher calendar, a link to the event’s posting on The Fletcher Calendar must be included at the very end of the message when it is sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any messages without this link to will not be approved. You can resend to the listserv once the link has been included at the very end of the message.
External Promotion (public events, hosted at Fletcher)
If your event is open to the public, please observe the following external communications guidelines and policies:
1. Use of The Fletcher School at Tufts University name, logos, and wordmark must observe institutional guidelines and/or receive prior approval. Please contact the Office of Communications, Public Relations & Marketing (CPR&M) if you have questions. This includes promotional materials distributed before the event as well as in-room branding/signage that might appear in photos or video after the fact. If an event will be recorded, photographed or filmed for promotional purposes, anyone featured must sign a release form.
2. Please observe social media best practices for posting photos or quotes from events at Fletcher. Many events are off the record or follow the Chatham House Rule. Take steps to ensure that the speaker and participants have granted consent before sharing content via social and digital channels.
3. For real-time promotion such as streaming video or "live-Tweeting," take steps several weeks in advance to secure the appropriate permissions and to promote your activity. Live digital events that are not promoted in advance will not have time to attract and build an audience.
4. Tufts is a private institution. News media and other non-university entities wishing to photograph or film on campus at Fletcher must receive prior authorization from the Office of Communications, Public Relations & Marketing (CPR&M) in keeping with Tufts policies and guidelines for media. Therefore, all media outreach activity including media alerts, press releases and invitations to reporters must first receive approval by CPR&M. Please allow at least two weeks to a month for review and approval.