The Fletcher School Leadership Program for Financial Inclusion is an innovative training initiative designed for banking regulators and policymakers from emerging and frontier markets to promote and further develop their work on policy and regulation in financial services for the poor.
Please send this completed application form ("Document 1"), your CV ("Document 2"), a letter of support from your supervisor("Document 3") and a writing sample (“Document 4”) to FinancialLeadership@tufts.edu.
Please title your documents as follows (acceptable formats include .pdf and .doc):
* Document 1 (This application form) - LastnameApplication.pdf
* Document 2: (Your current CV) - LastnameCV.doc.
* Document 3: (Letter of Support) - LastnameSupportLetter.doc Please note this letter should include confirmation from your supervisor that you will be granted the necessary leave to attend both the Fletcher residency in April 2014 and the AFI Global Policy Forum in Fall 2014, as well as a statement of support for your specific Policy Proposal or idea.
* Document 4: (Writing Sample) – LastnameWritingSample.doc. Please keep the length of the writing sample to between two and five pages (between 1500 and 2000 words).
All potential applicants should keep in mind the following:
- Admitted Fellows must be present for all aspects of the Program, including each day of a two-week residency in late April, and the Alliance for Financial Inclusion Global Policy Forum in fall. No exceptions.
- This is a rigorous program. You will be expected to complete readings, assignments and exercises throughout the fellowship year in order to be designated as an alumnus and receive the certificate of completion.
- Admitted Fellows will receive full scholarships to cover the cost of the Residency including: two weeks of courses and events; coach class return trip airfare; your lodging; breakfast and lunch on the weekdays, and some dinners; most transportation; some group activities. The Program will not cover your personal and incidental costs or the costs for any additional attendees (i.e., spouses, colleagues, dependents), phone calls, visas, souvenirs, health insurance etc. The Program will not cover travel to the AFI Global Policy Forum.
- Endorsement of each applicant and their policy issue by the Bank Governor or similar position is required for admittance to the Program.