The OCS manages a large collection of job search resources that help students explore industries and job functions, network with employers and prepare for interviews.
The OCS staff is available for all aspects of career coaching from self-assessment to salary negotiation. Career Coaches stay abreast of trends in the sectors they support through frequent employer outreach.
Fletcher Career Central (FCC)
Fletcher Career Central is Fletcher's online career management tool. It is a one-stop resource that allows students to manage their career search process:
- Employer/Contact Search - The OCS maintains a robust database of employers and contacts which include our Outreach Notes to keep students updated on our conversations with employers.
- Employment Tracking - when reviewing an employer, students can see other recent students who interned or took full-time positions with that employer which provides easy access to someone with an insider's view of the organization.
- Job/Internship Postings - students have access to search jobs by several different criteria including industry, location and job function
- Peer Search - one of the most powerful networks are fellow students. FCC allows students to search other students through a resume keyword search tool.
- Calendar - students can search for all upcoming OCS events including career education programs and employer briefings; a couple of mouse clicks and students can sign up and download the appointment to their Outlook calendar.
- Easy Job Application - students can store unlimited copies/versions of their resumes, cover letters, writing samples, transcripts and other potential application materials. Applying for a job in the system is simple since students can send any of their uploaded materials to an employer directly through FCC.
- Resume Books - FCC allows employers to have easy access to students via electronic resume books. Students can opt-in to a general resume book and/or a sector-specific resume book. Employers can search the resume books and pull the resumes of students that interest them.
Fletcher Intranet offers a password-protected site exclusively for Fletcher students, designed for easy access to all the resources available. It is a combination of resource map and resource repository.
- Career Field Guides - the OCS has assembled over 30 Career Field Guides for areas of most interest to the Fletcher students. Industry Guides usually include descriptions of the field, career paths and salaries, demand, qualifications, sample classes you might take at Fletcher for the field, sample employers in the field and links to dozens of useful web resources to learn more about that field.
- PDP Guides - The OCS has developed several guides that correspond tih the PDP curriculum to help students with many of the complicated steps in the career search process. See a Sample PDP Guide.
- Employment Websites - In addition to the hundreds of useful web resources available in the Career Field Guides, the OCS is constantly adding new internet resources to our web library which students have found useful in the job search.
The OCS houses a career resource library with both hardcopy and web subscription services to help students learn about careers, industries and employers.