The Center for International Environment and Resource Policy (CIERP) is looking to hire a Social Media Management Intern (student position only) to build and maintain an active social media presence for CIERP. Given the nature of the work the student will be paid a flat $60/week as long as performance is consistently strong and progress in building networks is made. A commitment of the full academic year is preferred. The ideal candidate would also be able to remain active over school breaks.
Duties will include:
- Ongoing twitter presence: Post regularly (at least a couple times daily), utilizing both original CIERP content and related external content. This should include weekend coverage as well as periods when school is not in session (e.g. winter break).
- Ongoing facebook presence: Posts events and other activities on facebook as needed.
- Strategy and expansion: Revamp the design of our facebook and twitter pages, develop and execute a strategy for substantially expanding our followers, and consider whether other social media channels would be fruitful for the Center to launch.
The Social Media Management Intern will be welcome and encouraged to help with the Center's broader outreach strategy and work with the Content Management Intern (another student position) to develop a coordinated and effective online presence. Both students will work under the direction of Miranda Fasulo, CIERP's Assistant Director. The Social Media Manager may also be asked at times to fill in for the Content Management Intern for event coverage or other ad hoc activities, for which we would pay an hourly rate ($15/hr for second-year graduate students, $12/hr for first-year graduate students, and $10/hr for undergraduates).
Knowledge of and interest in CIERP and energy and environmental issues more broadly; social media savvy, including but certainly not limited to facebook and twitter; ability to find and recognize interesting external content relevant to CIERP's areas of focus and relate it back to our work in a compelling way; knowledge of ways to build social media networks from the ground up; experience representing an organization (vs. just yourself) on social media a plus; experience with social media channels beyond facebook and twitter a plus.
Interested candidates should email Miranda.Fasulo@tufts.edu by 9:00am Friday, September 13, with the following information:
- Brief statement of interest in the position highlighting relevant background and skills (no more than 300 words, please send in the body of an email)
- Links to (or screenshots of) your own twitter page or other social media pages you have managed (but NOT your personal facebook page...)
Please direct any questions to Miranda. Applications from Fletcher students will be given priority, but all Tufts students (including undergraduates) are welcome to apply. Work-study is always a plus.