Section 1. Name
The name of this Association shall be The Fletcher Club of (regional city or country).
Section 2. Purposes
- Stimulate discussion of current business/social problems and world affairs/current events;
- Promote business/social relationships among area alumni;
- Bring Fletcher School news to area alumni;
- Communicates area alumni views to the Office of Development and Alumni Relations;
- Influence outstanding young men and women to apply to The Fletcher School (e.g., applicant/new admit events);
- Promote continuing relationships with Fletcher Students;
- Assist student/local employer contacts (i.e. Holiday Contact Parties);
- Provide community service (e.g., advise nonprofit groups and small businesses);
- Where feasible, provide area placement opportunities information to alumni; and
- Cooperate with the Office of Development and Alumni Relations to strengthen the local club and encourage the establishment of new clubs.
Officers and Board of Directors
The affairs of the club shall be administered by a Board of Directors and a President, Vice President(s), Secretary, and Treasurer. These roles are not mandatory, but there should be a President (Club Leader) to serve as a main point of contact for the club.
Amendments to these Bylaws may be proposed in writing by the Board of Directors or any members of the club and shall be submitted to a vote of all members. Thirty days from date of submittal to members shall be allowed for consideration before voting at the next meeting.
Membership and Dues
- Active membership in the club shall be open to any graduate of The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy.
- The amount of membership dues shall be determined by the Board of Directors.
- Each dues payment shall cover the fiscal year of the club, which is from July 1 - June 30 of each year.
The governing body of the organization shall be a Board of Directors consisting of not less than five (5) nor more than twelve (12) elected Directors, the immediate past President, and the current President. At each Annual Meeting one-third of the elected Directors shall be elected for a term of three years.
The Board of Directors shall be the policy-making body of the organization and continuously observe activities of the club to ensure adherence to approved policies. It is responsible for setting immediate goals for the current administrative year and long-range goals for future club achievement.
The Chairman of the Board of Directors shall preside at all board meetings and perform the usual duties incumbent upon such a position. In his/her absence, the Vice Chairman shall so act.
The Board shall have access to the books, records, and mailing list of the club. The Board at its discretion may request a financial statement from the Treasurer and may request an accounting from any officer and shall have power to approve or reject the actions or recommendations of any officer or committee.
Section 1. Officers
The officers shall be the administrative body of the club and shall consist of a president, vice president(s), secretary, and treasurer. All officers shall be elected as provided in the Bylaws.
Section 2. President
The president shall preside at all meetings of the club and shall be a member of all local club committees.
Section 3. Vice President(s)
In the temporary absence of the president, the vice president shall be designated by the president to exercise and perform his duties. At other times the vice president shall carry out such duties as may be delegated by the president to the board of directors.
Section 4. Secretary
The secretary shall keep the minutes of the club meetings and be its custodian of the records of the club, conduct correspondence, have charge of the mailing list, and report to the Office of Development and Alumni Relations on the results of the meetings. The secretary shall notify all members of club meetings and shall keep available for inspection by the club members copies of the Bylaws.
Section 5. Treasurer
The treasurer shall be authorized to collect all monies payable to the club, shall be charged with keeping the funds of the club, and from such funds shall make the necessary disbursements. The treasurer shall keep the club’s financial accounts and shall enter in detail all receipts and disbursements. The treasurer shall be authorized to open an account in the name of the club and deposit all funds therein.
Section 6. Other Standing Officers
Standing officers, if necessary, shall be appointed by the president and shall carry out the details necessary to the office to which appointed.