GETTING STARTED: FLETCHER CLUBS
We’re frequently asked how alumni can start a Club, or serve as a resource, in their area. Here is a step-by-step guide.
Step 1: Contact the Office of Development and Alumni Relations (ODAR)
For a list of existing Fletcher Clubs, visit:
The Office of Development and Alumni Relations will help you assess the alumni population in your area and guide you through the process of establishing an alumni Club or becoming a contact for alumni in your region, or those traveling through.
To start the process, simply send an email to the team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Someone from the ODAR team will be in touch regarding next steps.
Step 2: Gauge Interest
Recruiting new volunteers for the Club is essential to vitality and growth. To gauge interest, we suggest the following:
- Invite local alumni to a dinner or happy hour to explain what being involved with the Club will entail
- Along with other interested alumni, work with ODAR to identify those who are interested in leadership roles and those who are interested in a supporting role.
Step 3: Plan an Organizing Meeting
The first meeting should seek to address the following:
- Establish goals for the Club
- Determine appropriate leadership positions and responsibilities
- Plan a realistic event calendar
- Determine a specific date, time, location and contact for the first event
Step 4: Hold Your First Event
The inaugural event for a Club can take any number of forms, but a casual and social gathering is generally recommended. It is important to allow alumni to meet and network with one another.
In accordance with ODAR policies, please observe the following:
- Work with ODAR staff to complete the event submission form
- Promote the event to your Fletcher community through emails, phone calls and social media