Williams, 2014, United States & Brazil
A meaningful project I worked on: Prior to coming to Fletcher, I led humanitarian responses to crises in countries like Sudan and Somalia. In Sudan's Darfur region, I oversaw a program that provided basic medical care and ongoing recovery assistance to approximately 100,000 people affected by fighting in the region.
More recently, at Fletcher, I've been working with a team of fellow students to innovate new ways of financing humanitarian responses to rare, catastrophic natural disasters. The financial instruments we are proposing are a form of market-based insurance which allow for rapid assistance through pre-arranged financing in situations which might otherwise overwhelm donor capacity to respond.
Global issue that brought you to Fletcher:
The role of the private sector in post-crisis and frontier markets
Fields of Study
- International Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
- Strategic Management and International Consultancy
Education before Fletcher
- BA, International Relations, Wheaton College
Experience before Fletcher
- Operations Manager (International Programs Manager), PartnerAid, Frankfurt, Germany
- Administrator, Sudan Programs, PartnerAid, North Darfur, Sudan
- Development Communications Assistant, USAID, Luanda, Angola